[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carer's Benefits - Carers UK Forum

Carer's Benefits

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi,

I have started caring for my brother who is 29 and physically disabled.

I have put in a claim for carer's allowance as I have had to leave my job to care for him. He has carer's from the council going in everyday but he gets confused and never lets them in the house.

My first question is are there any other beneifts other then carer's allowance I could be claiming? As £50 a week is not enough to even cover the petrol going to see him twice a day at 30 miles away, let alone all of my bills and money to live on

My second question is as he does not like carers he does not know from the council coming in is there any way to employ a family member instead and use the money the goverment would normally pay the council carers??

I love caring for my brother and would love to do it forever, but financially I just can not do it and worry as my brother will not let anyone outside of the family in

Thanks alot for everyones help
Cheshire, I amalgamated your posts so they could be read together.
They are both here