Haiti

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
What the F ing hell is that t*** in number 10 playing at sending 20million quid to Haiti when this country is deep in recession.Has he completely lost the plot.Sure i feel sorry for the earth quake victims but where was aid for us when the floods struck and so many people lost prized possestions.Where were other countries when Manchester went bang and the London bombings of 2007.Its all bloody wrong.Not only that hes making cutbacks and you can be sure to get that 20 mil back he will sting us in the budget.Trish has foundout the daycare is coming to an end in the summer thanks to shithead in number 10 making cutbacks.the sooner we get the T*** out the better.Anyone who votes for him wants shooting with s****.OUT WITH BROWN while we still got a country.And he can't give us underpaid carers any more money can he.oh no other countries are more needy than us. Image Image Image Image
well put John, I thought i was the only one who thought these thoughts.
£20 million is not a huge sum of money when you look at overall government expenditure, just consider it in comparison to the money the taxpayer paid to bail out the banks, billions, and there is also no comparison between us and the people of Haiti who are dying for lack of the basics, such as clean water, sanitation and drugs, which we take for granted, I do not begrudge them £20 million at all.
Hope the rant has made you feel better John Image Map
I expect the Yanks probably though the same thing about us when we were being bombed to smithereens by the Nazis. You know "We have only just pulled ourselves out of recession and then these pesky Brits get into a bit of a barney with the Germans and expect us to bail them out? Lend -lease? Nope, waste of money, you'll never see your money back!"
They have nothing. No food, no water, no shelter. Some have lost all their family and some are seriously injured.
Where is the compassion for these people. Image

We have so much in comparison.
They have nothing. No food, no water, no shelter. Some have lost all their family and some are seriously injured.
Where is the compassion for these people. Image

We have so much in comparison.
I would agree with that Pixie - must be horrendous to have to fight to live - to see your childs hand being amputated without anesthetic!! - and no back up medication once it's been taken off. Map
I wouldn't begrudge them a single penny, nor would I wish to trade places to get a portion of the £20 million.
where was aid for us when the floods struck and so many people lost prized possestions
They lost prized possesions, but things can be replaced. They also lost children, parents, brothers, sisters, limbs..........................
What I can afford is added to the £20 million and I only wish it could be more.
I'm making a donation too.
We are so incredibily fortunate by comparison. I've been to the Dominican Republic, which shares the island of Hispanola with Haiti, and the poverty of the Haitan refugees who try to escape their situation is dire and absolute - an indictment of the international community, which has only recently cancelled the historic burden of debt.
Well if it means my bins going empty for another week im all in favour of £20m going to them