[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GORDON BROWNS CLEANING BILL - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

GORDON BROWNS CLEANING BILL

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.

...............AND I THOUGHT EXPENSES MEANT YOUR BUS FARE AND A BIG MAC...........................

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
You mean you can afford a Big Mac as well Image ! You must be well off Image .
Commons deserted

This was the House of Commons at the start of its first full day's sitting since the expenses scandal broke.

Despite furiously complaining that their hard work requires them to have second homes, most were curiously missing from the chamber
Put Question Time on Image Image Image

I will check later but I am sure it will be available as a link for those who miss it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/question_time

This week's panel
David Dimbleby was joined in Grimsby by Margaret Beckett, Theresa May, Sir Menzies Campbell, Benedict Brogan and Steve Easterbrook.
Lord Tebbit

Margaret Thatcher’s favourite Tory is spitting blood about the way MPs have been cashing in. “The really outrageous ones are some of my old colleagues who should know better,â€Â
More

Then there is James Purnell, the Work and Pensions Secretary. He has been accused of pocketing thousands of pounds in expenses and avoiding taxes by designating one of his properties as both a main residence and second home. And yet Purnell is responsible for catching benefit cheats!
This is hypocrisy of the most staggering order. The scandalous revelations over the past week about MPs' expenses have destroyed any concept of Britain having a virtuous governing class and have also irreparably ruptured the bond between ruler and ruled.
[url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 74.htmlThe Right Honourable spongers [/url]

Barely a week on and it is clear that it is worse than anyone, even the Telegraph executives who finally struck the deal to buy the discs containing four years' worth of MPs' expenses claims, could ever have imagined. The spectacle of hundreds of thousands of receipts, for items ranging from the petty to the extravagant, slithering into the light was never going to be good news for Britain's MPs
Browns authority in tatters

Gordon Brown's authority was undermined further today when he was forced to back two Cabinet ministers who made huge profits on the sale of second homes and did not pay capital gains tax.
The Prime Minister insisted there was 'no problem' with financial arrangements of Transport Secretary Geoff Hoon or Work and Pensions Secretary James Purnell.

105 comments so far
Purnell and Hoon

Two more Cabinet ministers have today been accused of avoiding capital gains tax on the sale of second homes.

Work and Pensions Secretary James Purnell and Transport Secretary Geoff Hoon have become the latest MPs to be embroiled in a row over avoiding paying the tax.
At least someone in Mr Hoon's household was keeping an eye on finances. The washing is out on the line, not in a tumble drier, I see!