[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GORDON BROWN YET ANOTHER MISTAKE - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

GORDON BROWN YET ANOTHER MISTAKE

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
A friend has just started working at the LNG plant locally. His first weeks wages?Take home pay of £800.(I know I am not living in the real world, when I look at benefit rates, but that seems a huge amount for one week).They also get sent home from work if one of the workers dies, and another friend who works there, has been sent home twice in the last month.

We pay £35 a month gas,(central heating , hot water and gas hob) and £85 electricity every month. I am going to have to increase the DD for the gas, as once we need the heating on, over the winter, this amount won't cover it.(We also pay DD for callout and servicing of the central heating boiler, and this has been worth it over the years.
We used to live in a 200 year old cottage in NE Yorkshire high in the Wolds. We had an Aga which had been converted from solid fuel to oil - the great thing was that it was gravity fed, so despite the numerous power cuts, we were never without warmth or cooking facilities, and as the cottage was 2 up and 2 down + bathroom, we just left the doors open and it warmed the whole cottage. One Christmas there was a power cut so on Christmas day I was boiling kettles and cooking Christmas dinners for most of the neighbours til about 8p.m Image . In summer it was beautifully cool when everywhere else was sweltering. The walls were 18" to 24" thick solid stone but not a straight wall anywhere (who cares!!) and we had to wedge some of the furniture up as the floorboards drifted away.
We had to sell up when hubby's job moved him down to Lincolnshire Image
As a follow on to this what about water rates.

Ours are £ 356 per annum
Ours are well over £400.
As a follow on to this what about water rates.

Ours are £ 356 per annum

Ours are £268.98 payable in 2 instalments.Must remember to send the 2nd one at the end of this month.As for Gas and Electric well it varies from Quater to Quarter depending on usage.Have only just switched to Scottish Power 7th July and had one small bill a couple of weeks afterwards.Must have joined near the end of their charging period.Had a British Gas rep knock on the door on friday night.Trying to get me to switch to them but i kept telling him to save his breath and go pester somene else cos i wasnt interested.
Ours are well over £400.

Blimey Pixie where do you live ??
I'm on Price Protection 2010 and have been for several years. Aparently it is the cheapest option so I am pleased I made the decision to go on it.

My winter bill was £500 for gas and electric. I refuse to pay monthly and just pay by DD when the bill arrives.
It may sound a lot but it is a large family house because we did have 4 children at home. There's only one left now but with the housing market the way it is we cannot sell yet.

Jesus Pixie 500 smackers ?? hecky thump thats a years gas/leccy for us Image
Ours are well over £400.

Blimey Pixie where do you live ??
It must be a mansion if my water rates are that excessive.

It's only a 5 bed semi in a northwest seaside town.
I'm on Price Protection 2010 and have been for several years. Aparently it is the cheapest option so I am pleased I made the decision to go on it.

My winter bill was £500 for gas and electric. I refuse to pay monthly and just pay by DD when the bill arrives.
It may sound a lot but it is a large family house because we did have 4 children at home. There's only one left now but with the housing market the way it is we cannot sell yet.

Jesus Pixie 500 smackers ?? hecky thump thats a years gas/leccy for us Image
You lucky devil.

It evens out to about the average of just over £1000 for the whole year so I didn't think that ours was too bad. I know of others who pay more but their carees are not as mobile as mine are so that's understandable.
Hi
Our Gas & Elec bill for 15th March- 11th June was £216 so not the coldest months.
Our Water bill is £270 Three Valley's Water Company.
Previous Gas & Elec bill paid in March was £350.
Gas & Elec Company E-on.
Pay bill when it is sent out to us not monthly.

Heating 3 bedroom Detached Bungalow Loft double insulated all wall's insulated Double Glazing throughout Bungalow
John