[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GORDON BROWN YET ANOTHER MISTAKE - Carers UK Forum

GORDON BROWN YET ANOTHER MISTAKE

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
In his speech yesterday he stated that "insulation " of homes was the best way to keep gas/electric bills low .
Is this correct me thinks not if you insulate your home to the best of your ability and then receive energy bills for say £1-200 per year then the energy companies put the cost of fuel up as sure as night follows day your bills will rise yet again, no amount of insulation will stop energy companies from putting prices up even if you use less and less energy the bills will still remain high the less we use the more the companies will put prices up .

however as far as GORDON is concerned every time the energy companies increase their prices just stick some more insulation in the loft.

the mans gone mad any one know the words to that song it goes summit like= the benefits dont help move over darling Image Image Image

GEORGE========
It's a load of rubbish and yet another excuse to leave us to all suffer while he and his mates are warm and cosy.
It's a load of rubbish and yet another excuse to leave us to all suffer while he and his mates are warm and cosy.
It makes perfect sense to me Pix. The oil we have is running out fast, prices are rising as the world demands more - so lets not waste it. If we depend on oil and gas, we become the hostages of the Russians and Saudis. A really well-insulated house hardly needs any heating at all - and better insulation for our homes would save us having to build another nuclear power station which nobody wants.
Insulation keeps the cold out as well as the heat in, so the better your insulation, the less energy you use.
But for this winter at least, it does not negate the need for extra help for the most vulnerable.
IMO the Utility companies (water, electric and gas) should never have been privatised and certainly not sold off to non British companies who are only interested in profits for their shareholders and couldn't care less about the British. The profits from these companies should ALL be ploughed back into the company - especially the water companies where the amount of water lost thru leaks is more than that supplied to the population.
I absolutely agree, like it or not these are modern essentials and should not be for profit. I remember ringing the water company not long after privatisation, I can't remember what the problem was, and being shocked when I was told that they had to think of their shareholders yet without clean affordable water disease becomes endemic and mortality rates rise. Water is as essential to life as the air we breathe but what government would dare to give private companies the right to charge for the privilege of breathing, clean water and sewage facilities should be available at cost on public health grounds, it was these grounds that led to it being available in the first place.

Anyway I came on here to share this article from today's Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008 ... omy.energy

The Treasury has the funds but not the will and, yes, insulation, etc. is a long-term solution for some but for those who already struggle to meet rising fuel bills money is required now to pay for this winter's fuel costs.
I find it quite difficult to respond with my "strong boney fingers" to anything Excalibur
has to say.

My user name is pixie not pix .
IMO the Utility companies (water, electric and gas) should never have been privatised and certainly not sold off to non British companies who are only interested in profits for their shareholders and couldn't care less about the British. The profits from these companies should ALL be ploughed back into the company - especially the water companies where the amount of water lost thru leaks is more than that supplied to the population.
I agree, there are essentail services that should not be privatised, every home should have runnnning water and connection to sewage facilities, not free but as part of what we already pay the same as education. Nothing is free we have contributed to the system in taxs, rates NI contributions, rates and not forgettingthose that gave their lives.
So why am I being sensored on this thread?

An explanation would be good.
So why am I being sensored on this thread?

An explanation would be good.

My post should read.

I find it quite difficult to respond with my "strong boney fingers" to anything Excalibur
has to say.

My user name is pixie not pix or any other name you chose to call me.