[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GMTV This Morning - Carers UK Forum

GMTV This Morning

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
There was a featire on a Carer and how the credit crunch has affected her, how she struggles etc, doubt anyone in parliment will have seen it so what was the point?

we all know how much we struggle especially in these hard times
i watched this, and i thought it was very good,
i felt that it was well informed, and they showed
a lady who was in debt due to caring, (not someone
in a four bed detached house with a 4x4 outside) which
was commented on the last time
I was pleased to see Imelda give an accurate account
of our lives and covered every point effectively.

krys
http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=32024

Over two-thirds of carers are now in fuel poverty and over half are in debt and cutting back on food or heating to make ends meet

This link has a contact us form if anyone wants to send a comment to GMTV

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=678
Sorry but I think a little more 'righteous anger' at the injustice of treating carers so badly might have been shown! It was all too 'very gentle' poor victims for me.....No mention of the plans to move carers to JSA either!!!

Sorry...maybe i'm just having a grumpy day..I'm so angry with this government!! Image (and the Tories will be even worse!!!)
(and the Tories will be even worse!!!)
Could they honestly be any worse?
The Labour Government seems more Tory than anything else now. Image

I think they're all meeting somewhere in the middle and there 'aint anyone interested enough in Carers to change things much. Image Image

marie x
Pity this man wasn't on the programme

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=31303
Surely he could claim Income Support as well?
I hope he gets the help and advice that he needs. There are many like him, having to chose between heat or food.
Wendy
But the real worry that i have is, even tho hundreds of people are loosing their jobs every day, all the political party are all saying the same thing, and that is to put all disabled people claiming benefit and their carers into work, i am sick and tired of hearing this statement in and out every day, it just goes to show even tho we save the government millions of pounds per year they do not care less about people who are not capable to work through their disability or the people who care for them, it has been nothing but one big Lie that brown made up about being a caring person, the queens speech is prove of that.

There are no political party in this country who give a care about any one but them selfs, as long as they get into power and make the big money they just live in the west minster bubble, and do not have a clue what it is like to struggle in the real world.
But the real worry that i have is, even tho hundreds of people are loosing their jobs every day, all the political party are all saying the same thing, and that is to put all disabled people claiming benefit and their carers into work,.
Hi Dapone,
Your fears are groundless.
The only people saying this are carers and disabled people themselves. None of the political parties have ever said that they will force severely disabled people to go to work or force carers to stop caring and get a job. Even they know that this would be practically impossible to achieve, and would end up costing more.

However, government has said that they will try to help disabled people and carers to work if they want to. And many of us - me included, do work, and would be willing to work more hours if they could remove the earnings threshold of £95. I have work waiting for me out there... and time on my hands because my caree is at school during the day. So the ball is firmly in their court to change the rules: make carers benefit like child benefit by removing the means test, create a taper or raise the earnings threshold to say the average wage.

I'm not quite sure where this urban myth came from, but it needs to be stamped on firmly because it is clearly making people anxious and concerned.