[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Glad that week is over - Carers UK Forum

Glad that week is over

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I said earlier in the week that my wife's regular carer was on holiday and that the carer on Monday was new.Things didn't really get much better aprt from Tuesday carer arrived at 930am,not the same one as the previos day.Wednesday 10.30am no carer,telephoned.'oh a carer has gone off sick we're trying to fit everyone in'.'Why didn't you call me?' I asked,'Oh we're too busy arranging calls!!' I said forget it.I'll do the care myself. 12.45 yes 12.45 a carer turned up!!! Image They couldn't even give their own staff a message.Thursday 800am I'm having a shower the doorbell rings.I just knew who it was!! Dive out answer the door entry system,yep it's the carer,the one we had on Monday!!! An hour early today! Friday up at 7.00am in case!! Carer arrives at 9.30am,the one who came on Tuesday. I telephoned them and told them to forget the weekend care,I just wasn't prepared to rely on them,beacause I've just got to do one or two things and couldn't trust them not to turn up at all.What's worrying it was a relief not to have to think about them!

Tel.
Hi ya Tel, some things are just sent to try us, hope next week is better, Image
Hope next week is better for you.
........ my wife's regular carer was on holiday and that the carer on Monday was new.Things didn't really get much better aprt from Tuesday carer arrived at 930am,not the same one as the previos day.Wednesday 10.30am no carer,telephoned.'oh a carer has gone off sick we're trying to fit everyone in'. Image .......

Image being picky I know .... but should that be care worker rather than carer Image
Carer's ( us unpaid ones ) can't go off sick Image
Image being picky I know .... but should that be care worker rather than carer Image
Carer's ( us unpaid ones ) can't go off sick Image[/quote]

Sounds a bit Yankified to me.I'll stick with carer Image
]care worker[/color] rather than carer Image
Carer's ( us unpaid ones ) can't go off sick Image
Sounds a bit Yankified to me.I'll stick with carer Image[/quote]

not yankified at all Image following text copied from the 'about us' page of Carers UK........ ''Carers UK is the voice of carers. Carers provide unpaid care by looking after an ill, frail or disabled family member, friend or partner.''

anyone who gets a wage/salary is by definition a care worker
I am a carer for my husband and also my dad. Dad has a daily homecarer who comes in to get him up, showered, dressed and breakfasted every morning...............the time can vary from 8am until 11.45, depending on which homecarer is visiting. He just stays in bed until they turn up!

Homecarers get paid, sadly I don`t.

That is the difference in my simple world.

Take care
Meg