[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Getting Back to work-Can i get help with re-training? - Carers UK Forum

Getting Back to work-Can i get help with re-training?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hello my name is tony, I have been out of my career for 3 years to care for my mum,79yo who has Osteosporosis, Manic depression, alchohol issues and self neglect issues also, and apart from some falls recently is getting better to live a life of somewhat quality.
So now she has female carers to deal with the dignity issues, I can go back to work so we can stop living on the breadline and improve things for the better.
However I need money to re-train in my field, ive saved up for the past year and got the professional elements taken care of, and all that remains is to get First Aid Training (4 day First Aid at Work Certificate) and i should be employable if there's a job out there?

I read lots about there's help for Carers to get back to work? But cant find it, the job centre didnt help, after a year of them looking into it, nothing.

Any advice? Has anyone actually got any training from any schemes? or First aid could help any Carer couldnt it?

thanks for listening, any help will be appreciated : )
Hi Tony and welcome,

sorry I don't have any answers. Have you tried ringing the helpline, they might have some suggestions?

Sounds like you have really made a difference in your Mum's life. I hope you can get the support necessary to get your own life back on track.

What did you do before you became a full time carer? Some employers will pay for new staff to have the relevant training. Would this apply in your field?

Melly1
Thanks for replying Melly, i'm a construction project manager originally, the only training i have to find, i have saved the pennies for the otherrs, is the First Aid at Work, 3 day course : )

Jobcentre plus - think they can help, i will reply if they can, otherwise still looking : )
It might be a bit of a long shot, but have you tried speaking with Red Cross or St John Ambulance? If they provide the courses, they may be able to help too.

Good luck!
have you tried to have a carers assessment,the cas payment should cover the course because it's for you,just an idea