Yep ... another problem area identified ... increasing as the crisis within both the NHS and LAs ( Delivery of social care ) deepens.
" What's on the label doesn't not often match what's actually in the tin. "

Starting with guidance ... NHS down through the ancillary support sites ... and even on the CUK site.

Textbook answers ... often quoting the law ... to how things should work out there.

Trouble is ... the continuing meltdown across the whole system.

Things ain't working , or being delivered , in accord with the standard textbooks.

... and probably won't do for a very long time ... years even.

" Rights " under whatever are often quoted ... WHAT GOOD ARE " RIGHTS " IN AN EMERCENCY / CRISIS TYPE SITUATION IF ONE HAS TO TAKE STEPS TO ENFORCE THROUGH CHANNELS ???

Unless the authors behind each web site update them to record what is actually happening in the REAL world , anyone taking on board whatever information / guidance is in for a nasty surprise.

Akin to buying a brand new home / car and find out later it's full of faults ... which weren't in the glossy advertising brochure ( Web site guidance ) ... many reading this have been there ?

I can only report what I uncover out there ... and post in the relevant thread or as a new thread.

Perhaps others will now follow my lead and help others know what's really happening out there ?

CUK's own HOSPITAL DISCHARGES thread a good example.

Perhaps all of us ... especially me ... would add a little caveat to whatever external link is supplied IF there are grounds for doing so ?

From the recent past , the Care Act 2014 being a prime example.

Not so much disinformation ... more a case of misinformation ... without the deception element ?

One more reason that reading this forum is a prime priority for CUK themselves.

In many ways , " THIS FORUM " knows more about what is going on than ANY of the supporting outfits as we are experiencing those problems first hand !!!