[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
FUEL POVERTY UPDATE - Carers UK Forum

FUEL POVERTY UPDATE

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
The government have said today that if the temperature is at or below zero for 7 days consecutive they will issue cold wheather payments for various groups carers excluded unless you have other benefits apart from the carers allowance or have children under the age of 5 (kids over 5 dont get cold) anywho they have asked for an independent adjudicator to take the temperature daily and they want charity groups such as carers uk to nominate trustworthy people i would like to nominate excalibur to take the temperature especialy if he can do so at the ski school that his son visits . Image Image Image

GEORGE===== Image

ive got the answer Image can you tell me when we last had 7 days below zero Image
i would like to nominate excalibur to take the temperature especialy if he can do so at the ski school that his son visits . Image Image Image

GEORGE===== Image

ive got the answer Image can you tell me when we last had 7 days below zero Image
You know George I understand that the correct medical procedure is to stick it where the sun dont shine..... well just about anywhere in the North East will do just fine... Image
All weather checks for fuel payments will be done in the north pole if the employee sent can bare 5 mins in swimming trunks no payments will be given out Image Image
In the seven years we have been eligible for cold weather payments we have only had one payment of £7.50........ Take note we live in the frozen north, the chance of being subzero for seven consecutive days in almost unheard of.

Take care
Meg
looks like we won't get anything then, surprise Image surprise Image from thr govenment, just so they can go and waste their money on a load of rubbish as usual. Image
As for the winter heating allowance to all over 60's being publicised, its not completely true.
My husband is 60 in November, so because he misses the cut off date of being born before September we wont get a penny till next year.
And this year with the huge rise in energy prices we really could do with it.
Can CUK push for something through Gov to ensure that anyone reaching the age of 60 gets this allowance automatically on their 60th birthday please?
I have friend who works in the civil service and he told me that in a couple of years time the winter fuel allowance is to be equalised men / woman for the ritirement age of 65 therefore because iam now 57 when i reach the age of 60 the allowance will only be paid to those who are aged 61 and the following year you have to be aged 62 and so on iam not sure if he`s joking but he has helped me out in the past and going on his information i will not get the winter fuel allowance till iam 65 mind you having said all that the allowance may be scrapped before then .

GEORGE=======
What can I say apart from its a good job that our present incumbants were not around in 1963
as they would have had to wear brown underpants............because it was the year of a big freeze probably the last one we have had, 3 months of it so they would have floundered under the strain of paying out.

That would get the Govenment panicing, paying out for 3 months, they wouldn't be able to spend all the tax payers money on a load of rubbish Image awwwwwwww Image
I have friend who works in the civil service and he told me that in a couple of years time the winter fuel allowance is to be equalised men / woman for the ritirement age of 65 therefore because iam now 57 when i reach the age of 60 the allowance will only be paid to those who are aged 61 and the following year you have to be aged 62 and so on iam not sure if he`s joking but he has helped me out in the past and going on his information i will not get the winter fuel allowance till iam 65 mind you having said all that the allowance may be scrapped before then .

GEORGE=======
I've heard the same George]http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/winterfuel/home.asp[/url]

The important bit is at the bottom: "In line with changes to State Pension age for women, the qualifying age for Winter Fuel Payments will rise gradually between 2010 and 2020, from 60 to 65. This means that from winter 2010/11 onwards, both men and women will need to have reached women’s State Pension age by the end of the September qualifying week."