[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
friendship frustration - Carers UK Forum

friendship frustration

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I'm a carer and luckly i have a small group of fantastic friends who understand and support me but I have a problem with one friend.
She's sooo negative. She's a curvy lady and wants to lose weight. She is currently trying the nhs support group but because the meeting day has changed she has already given up after a week. Me and my best friend have offered to come to exercise classes she has mentioned but this offer has been turned down. She them complains that no one understands.
She is also a very gifted writer and wants a career in English studies. She gave up college because of the stress and although she tells us she wants to go back she has done nothing about it.
In short every issue she has me n my friend (were a 3some lol) have tried to support her and encourage her but we just hit a brick wall every time. She isn't very confident, but for her to gain some she needs to be happy with herself.

I luv my friend to pieces, she have been there through my darkest hours. I just don't know how I can help her Image xx
Some people never get much confidence.Has she tried seeing a therapist and talking about why she has such a negative outlook,there is a reason,and it can probably be overcome,or at least controlled.If she doesn`t do something about it,her life will become one big anxiety. Image