[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers - Carers UK Forum

Carers

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
As much as I want to know what is going to be announced, I do not like all these little titbits being dropped in press and then no specific details to follow it up.To me its irresponsible.

http://tiny.cc/carers826

Excerpt

The UK Government is preparing to give more help to Britain's six million carers with "new entitlements" to help them manage their finances and workplace commitments

When our Carers Commission reports this summer, we will offer new entitlements to Britain's six million family carers.
I think the words 'carrots' and 'sticks' spring to mind! Not to worry, though, this current government will probably not be voted in at the next election so they can talk as much about future 'plans' (or pressures, choose the appropriate word at will) as they like, it'll make no difference. Even if imposed it won't be around for long. Where do all these jobs come from for people to fill? When you think of how many immigrants have come into the country and have taken up jobs, how many claiming Jobseekers Allowance have been taken off and put into work - do the government have David Copperfield or someone to magic up all these positions for people to fill? (He's obviously not working when it comes to social service care workers themselves or they wouldn't be having the current advertising campaign.)
It will probably be the entitlement to work and care with a small sweetener to encourage us to do the impossible whilst wielding a big stick for use if we refuse to take up the generous offer.
Ive said it for months the WORKING CARERS will get help some of whom only work 15 hours per week ( see carers uk figures) the 24/7 carer i believe will not get any cash help at all we will i believe get the help most of us dont want that is someone to come in and care for our elderly/young disabled relatives most of us 24/7 carers have said time after time we are generaly happy with the work we do but we should be rewarded with a salary we do now and again want respite care as SIMON WESTON said just for us to recharge our batteries and return to the task of caring many of us 24/7 carers dont want "STRANGERS" looking after our relatives .
no doubt what ever the result of the review carers uk will welcome this new idea from the government .
i still think the 24/7 carer will get nowt.
apart from more heartache but who cares Image
GEORGE

why cant carers uk tell us what they propossed at the review and inform us what they will be happy with did they see anything in the review that they did not agree with and did not want ? government ministers and departments have been drip feeding us for weeks now , we are like mushrooms kept in the dark and fed on ****

all this talk about work and care why should the state pay for someone to sit with my elderly/young disabled relative at a cost of £6 / £ 10 / £15 per hour so we can be liberated and free to "work" for what £6 per hour the economics just dont make sense to me and ive got an A LEVEL IN HARD SUMS.
Carers will amount to an awful lot of voters at the next election... More sweeteners, anyone? Image
[quote]As much as I want to know what is going to be announced, I do not like all these little titbits being dropped in press and then no specific details to follow it up.To me its irresponsible.

http://tiny.cc/carers826

Image Miss,Miss, as Gordon puts his hand up, Ms. Harman is using that word again. Image
labour don't need carers or anyone else other than the people who came to this country 5+ years ago they can now vote and will keep labour in because of all the perks they get from them.
George, CUK has published a report which I believe made up it's submission for the National Carers Strategy. It's here:

http://www.carersuk.org/Getinvolved/Res ... report.pdf
from what i have been reading about all this i am very puzzled and am thinking this government is stupid.

I am reading that one of the ways they are going to help carers to to push us back into work and they will provide us with carers paid by the state to care for our loved ones while we are at work.

so i go to work for £6 an hour, and they send me someone who they are going to pay £6+ an hour to do that job i have been doing for so long, someone i do not know, someone i have no idea wether i can trust and someone my son is not familiar with?

would it not make more sense for the state to give me a weekly payment of £300 instead of my income support and my carers allowence for doing this job? it's less than their state paid worker, it's less than minimum wage and would save them millions still.

I really honestly don't think that there is anyone in this government with any sense, brains, thought or idea about us carers and they certainly don't seem to care much.