[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Forum complaints - please be respectful - Carers UK Forum

Forum complaints - please be respectful

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Carers UK has had a number of complaints about a very small number of people posting on the forum being disrespectful toward other forum members.

Carers UK asks forum members to be respectful and abide by the forum rules. Failure to abide by the rules will result in removal of membership of the forum.

We have also had specific complaints about the actions of one former member, Clive Arnold, who has been banned for breaking Carers UK's forum rules. Evidence of forum members posting on behalf of Mr Arnold or other banned members will be banned from membership of this forum without warning.

Carers Uk takes this matter seriously and we will not tolerate harassment and intimidation of forum members wither through the forum or by private messaging. We ask that forum members do not reply to posts which are disrespectful, but instead send a private message to staff moderators - Gavin, Matt or Christine and we will investigate and take appropriate action. If there is evidence of forum members sending intimidating private messages, please send a private message to a staff moderator.

Thanks

Gavin Macgregor
Head of Communications and Development
Carers UK
Hi Gavin am fairly new here but it does seem certain attention seekers "flame" the posts. Forgive me if I am wrong. I post my rants on here but I would never disrespect another user of this forum. You moderators get a lot of negative comments. Personally I don't see why. I have always found the mods to be helpful and if I post in the wrong area, they kindly move it for me and take the trouble to tell me where it was moved to. I can understand people lashing out and needing someone to vent their anger on, I get this daily from my partner and the physical stuff.
But I don't come on line and take it out on other users of this forum. I come here to relax and you mods help that happen. many thanks for letting us post quite emotional stuff at times.
Post removed as the forum member had broken rules of forum.
Hi Pippin,

Thanks for your comments. We're really fortunate to have such committed moderators. Apart from Matt, Christine and myself, our moderators - Charles, Maryann and Rosemary are volunteers, who give their time freely and understand how caring affects people's lives, as they have caring experiences themselves.

Carers UK wants to hear positive criticism - that's how we improve our work and it keeps us on our toes, but we have to draw a line if it gets too personal - to forum members, our moderators or Carers UK staff.

best wishes,

Gavin
I still find it amazing that as Carers we still fine the time to be disrespectful to each other, we have so much in common and we go through the same feelings and heartache through our careing lives.

I feel we should be supporting each other not beening hurtful after all we should keep our fighting spirt for the goverment and stick together.

I know I'm new here but of all the sites, I thought coming on to a carers site I wouldn't see any sillyness

Bernie
Bernie, I agree completely.
I still find it amazing that as Carers we still fine the time to be disrespectful to each other, we have so much in common and we go through the same feelings and heartache through our careing lives.
No one listens to us so we end up taking our frustration and anger out on each other,

that's what I think anyway.
But Kev, carers do listen to carers. So why do carers abuse other carers - the only people who really know what it's like, because they live it every day?
I think sometimes comments can be viewed wrong, this is where smilies are important Image
But Kev, carers do listen to carers. So why do carers abuse other carers - the only people who really know what it's like, because they live it every day?
The government doesn't, You go to any of the carers boards and what stands out most is the frustration that carers are experiencing with the system and the way politicians treat us.

There has to be an outlet for the anger and frustration, and at times I think the boards are used for this.

Also I think MTB is correct in what he says

I think sometimes comments can be viewed wrong, this is where smilies are important Smile