[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Food For Thought. - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Food For Thought.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Out for that powerwalk tonight,ended-up having to bath the dog,he got filthy from those wet streets,but we did our walk,full-on.

Just thinking about a very simple dish for Friday.MUST have Celery in it.I believe in Celery.
Im toying with a fish-dish.I think plaice,celery,my pepper source,carrots too,a favorite of my carees,with Mashed potatoes might be acceptable?.
Pixie, a couple of days ago I was sitting in the living room, feeling really exhausted as I had been looking after the baby all weekend. My husband brought me in a plate of toast and a cup of tea. It was wonderful, tasted so much better than if I had done it myself.
I adore it,yum,yum.Makes the day Image Image
i went to the bakers this moprnign with amy enroute to school- i had toast and tea so did amy (she had cereal b4 we left) i said to her how nice it was to have some one else do something for me, the lady who works in there said- i see u every day walking pass with your lil girl istting on her buggy board, i noticed she has wot look like rahter funky callipers and hand splints.. with a baby as i well i imagine u r rather busy, said yes i am so im thinking once a week this will b our treat,
she asked abut being a carer- do i get all the help i can, is amy a good girl and had a real conversation... she is really nice, she eve said see u next week- if u get hear about 7.50 will have it ready for u, will that be your table each week? -- how bloody nice! and for £3 all in (think i got money off) i cant say no!
step one to looking after self- breakfast at least once a week!
Curry night at ASDA tonight,Jacket potatoe and Mushy peas ,firm favorite of mine,my caree tried a very good Rogan Josh,Nan bread too.Twas a time Id have had a curry myself,these days,nope.
...she asked abut being a carer- do i get all the help i can, is amy a good girl and had a real conversation... she is really nice, she eve said see u next week- if u get hear about 7.50 will have it ready for u, will that be your table each week? -- how bloody nice! and for £3 all in (think i got money off) i cant say no!
step one to looking after self- breakfast at least once a week!
There are some lovely people about, sounds as if you've found a gem Image
Apart from the angels Ive found on this board,male and female.Kind souls,theres some good people around indeed.
Im one of the girls...you cook a hot meal and i dont fancy it Image , at the mo im halfing the meals.. ie spag bol 1/2 spag 1/2 side salad...i lovvvve hot and cold food together, for lunch i enjoy meals if i make them before i go to work and just grab out of the fridge some days its around 3pm when im eating it........thats another thing eating times erratic, in the past missed meals and then eating rubbish...sugar rush...no good. I am overwieght and attending w/w club....do you know theres only my hubby that knows that not told friends and family then i dont get the mither....keep it a secret Image ,....excersise i need to do, will do it when im better hoping next week.

Myself and daughter has food intollerances, families like/dislikes then daughter with intollerances has problems with food fixations and eating only certain colours of food....no wonder i dont like cooking Image Image

I do agree...its great when someone cooks for you....good on ya maxi for helping your pal out, i think your doing much more than cooking a meal, its the listening and the shoulder as well Image .........best wishes and have a good evening...mandy
I know we all,me included,and often too,a shoulder to lean or cry on.i find we all are in need of tha TLC every so often,just to chat.over a meal,thats the ideal setting,i think.so,I am off to cook for sarah right now.
My diet improved dramatically when I started to use my slow cooker again! Image

It's so true, if you're high end Caring it's difficult to get the timeout needed to cook proper food - even if you wanted to! Image

It's so much less hassle just to pop some meat and stock into the pot and let it cook away on it's own! lol Plus the smell of the food cooking kinda helps work up an appetite, previously I'd maybe just make a quick snack instead. Image

marie x