[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Specific advice - unpaid carer's leave - Carers UK Forum

Specific advice - unpaid carer's leave

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I'm hoping someone can advise me about a specific situation.
My employer offers a 6month - 5 years unpaid break for carer's leave which I may consider applying for. I'm fairly well up on which benefits I can claim so I don't need advice about that.
My query is this. If I start carer's leave, say for a period of 12 month's, what is the situation if I move to a different area and then ask to go back to work, in my new location, with my employer when the carer's leave ends?
They are a national chain so there are workplaces near most cities.
Is it unreasonable of me to move area, especially as I need to move near my elderly father, or is it unreasonable of them to refuse me a post because I moved home during the unpaid leave?

Any advice appreciated Image
That's a difficult one. Best people I know for Employment Law are ACAS - Google will find them for you.
Thanks bb... I'm afraid ACAS and 'what if's' don't work very well.
My hope was that a forum member may have been in this situation at some point. Let's face it with a carer break of up to 5 years it's highly likely that someone may move in that time.
Could you ask your employer what the policy would be?
Although most of us have moved - I took a career break and moved in that time, but applied for another job later as per usual, most employers are not that generous for career breaks.