[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Disabled people are to be ‘warehoused’. We should be livid - Carers UK Forum

Disabled people are to be ‘warehoused’. We should be livid

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
The inescapable logic of austerity is looking likely, once again, to reduce people with disabilities to objects – and in doing so to reduce their independence, options and enjoyment of life. According to the Health Service Journal, Freedom of Information (FOI) requests from campaign group Disability United found that 37 NHS clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) in England were introducing rules about ongoing care that could force up to 13,000 people with health conditions into care homes.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... care-homes

comments found here
https://www.theguardian.com/discussion/p/5ncv9

x x
Thanks for posting this Rosemary. I read something about the original research the other day when I was poorly.
I seem to remember over half the CCGs didn't respond to the freedom of information requests, which is bad too. Of those that did respond 30 odd had made such policies overriding central advice. It's a minority but still a worrying one.

However I can't help but wonder if there couldn't be more alignment between all those sent home against carer and family concerns who could perhaps benefit from some halfway house type of care instead.

Either way nothing will happen due to high cost base, imho
Shades of the old pathfinder / bomber scenario.

Pathfinder ? Gag the supporting charities across the social care sector on commenting on political issues.

Bomber ? Introduce changes / legislation that could very well be adverse to carees and / or carers.

No one left even to issue an " Unwelcomed " statement let alone provide any realistic opposition.

All in the name of the new god called Austerity or , in practical terms , the presevation of wealth and power at the expense of all other considerations.

Welcome to our Sad New World ....