[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Feel like giving up today ..what am I meant to do? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Feel like giving up today ..what am I meant to do?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Sarah, handing your gran over to SS to look after is what your gran NEEDS now. It truly is. So handing her over is NOT a sign you don't love her! (Dear God, you've proved your love for her in all the nightmare you've gone through!).

But she HAS to be either taken into residential care now to be looked after properly, or have a team of carers come in to do what you have been struggling to do.

To be honest, if she is locking the door on you as well, I'd say it's reached the stage of her having to go into residential care for her own safety (she might fall or anything, inside a locked house - she might try and eat rotten food, and so on, if she's turned off the fridge).

Sarah, SS will do NOTHING until you 'step back . You MUST trigger SS into action! They will do NOTHING while they think you are still doing ANYTHING for gran.

Phone them, tell them you are not going over, that she's locked the door, and they must do something permenanetly as you are not going to do ANYTHIGN any more.

Please do this. Sarah, NO ONE will rescue you - you have to do this YOURSELF.

PS - don't phone your appalling aunt. She's as useless as a chocolate teapot and the most selfish person in the world and if I saw her I would slap her from here to Christmas for what she's doing to you. Cow!
Hi,

I think you should be strong in this situation to help yourself and don't give up.