[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Putting my child in adult care - Carers UK Forum

Putting my child in adult care

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I care for two people, I find it hard to cope with both now I am a youngish OAP. I am in touch with the social services and have told them to find a place for my adult child who is in their 20s, and has the greatest need as far as my input is concerned. Obviously they will come home for weekends holidays etc, and I plan to see them on a weekly basis. I hope to have it all sorted out by October, and will chase the SS up if I feel they are dragging their feet in this matter. I did remind the social worker I could deposit my caree on their doorstep, not that I have any intention of doing so, unless the situation becomes desperate!

I feel that although I will still be a carer, my other caree isn't so easily dispatched, I will have a bit more 'me time', which I think I deserve after getting on for 30 years as a carer.

How do others feel when their caree is placed elsewhere?
Flipflap - my heart goes out to you it truly does. I am sitting here bawling my eyes out actually because DD has yet again spoiled a perfectly nice day for me. I have just got back from the outing from hell with her.

I think I'm getting very close to where you are now. I shouldn't have to spend my whole life feeling like this. I get no help from social services or anybody else for that matter. We're just left to muddle through and I am fed up with it.

Anyway it's your thread so I'll shut up but just remember you're not alone in this!
Flipflap - my heart goes out to you it truly does. I am sitting here bawling my eyes out actually because DD has yet again spoiled a perfectly nice day for me. I have just got back from the outing from hell with her.

I think I'm getting very close to where you are now. I shouldn't have to spend my whole life feeling like this. I get no help from social services or anybody else for that matter. We're just left to muddle through and I am fed up with it.

Anyway it's your thread so I'll shut up but just remember you're not alone in this!
I am so sorry for you. Image

My caree is easy enough to look after apart from when they are ill, then you have to think and act as if they were a two-year-old. They are a super person and loved by us all. However, due to their level of mental disability I have to think for them much of the time, which can be a strain. They do need some element of personal care from time to time as well, if I am not happy with the quality control!