[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I am going mad!!!!!!!!!!!!! with Surrey council - Carers UK Forum

I am going mad!!!!!!!!!!!!! with Surrey council

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I am going mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surrey council has categoricaly refused my daughter Direct Payments and Respite despite the fact that I am dire need of this as I have been unable to have a nights sleep since moving in Feb and am now on anti depressants. The OT again reiterated that no adaption works or equipment would be supplied.
My daughter has Severe Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviour, Deaf, Meniere’s Disease, Arthritis, Epilepsy, Reflux, Double Incontinence, Autism, Dyspraxia, Sleep Disorder, Fibromyalgia and Tinnitus she use a wheelchair but cannot get around our house and she also cannot use bathroom she is stuck on sofa
but we cannot get any help from Surrey social services and OT
Has anyone got any ideas on how to get help from them and any laws they may be breaking!!!
Try talking to the Helpline - you can leave a message outside of usual hours, I think
do you have number for helpline thanks tiny
Carers UK produces a range of information about benefits and our CarersLine is able to carry out a benefits check over the phone. 0808 808 7777 (Wednesdays and Thursdays only, 10am-noon, 2pm-4pm).
thanks for relpy yours tiny
Council have complaint procedures in place. If your daughter is an adult see here

You have other options too....contact your MP, your GP, and your daughters if different to your own. Also see if local carers group have an advocacy service so you can ask for someone to help you with this.
I hate surrey council anyways- they refuse to lower my step so amy can get in the house easily...
there are a huge lots of cut backs in surrey another one being school transport

Tiny complain as much as u can and i wish u all the best as some one who is a fellow surryite!
It might be an idea to talk to a human rights and disability rights lawyer, if you google them in your area , you should find ones who do free consultations, you will be surprised how quick a council will move when faced with one of these lawsuits. We all have human rights, and alot of people do not know what they are, all councils have a duty of care, more so with disabled people and children. Good luck.