[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
B.B.C. BREAKFAST TIME CARERS UK - Carers UK Forum

B.B.C. BREAKFAST TIME CARERS UK

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
CREDIT WHERE CREDIT`S DUE THEY DID MAKE A BETTER FIST OF IT TODAY AND FOR ONCE TALKED ABOUT THE CARERS ALLOWANCE OR LACK OF IT I WAS ALSO PLEASED TO SEE THAT THE WORD RESPITE WAS USED FOR CARERS WHO DO "GO OUT AND WORK" FOR THE £95 A WEEK ITS NOT ABOUT EARNING LOTS OF EXTRA CASH IT`S ALL ABOUT GETTING OUT THE HOUSE AND THE CHAIRMAN? OF THE SELECT COMMITTEE WAS RIGHT WHEN HE THOUGHT £150 EARNINGS LIMIT WOULD BE ABOUT RIGHT THATS 24 HOURS PER WEEK .
WHAT DID CONCERN ME WAS HIS STATEMENT RE AN INCREASE IN THE CARERS ALLOWANCE HE SAID THE BASIC ALLOWANCE SHOULD BE IN LINE WITH JOB SEEKERS ALLOWANCE WHICH IS NEARLY £70 PER WEEK BUT HE THEN SAID A SECOND ELEMENT AT ABOUT £60 COULD BE PAID TO COVER "COSTS , EXPENSES AND LOSS OF EARNINGS " I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THE HIGHER EXTRA PAYMENT WAS FOR "HEAVY END CARING" WHO CAN CLAIM LOSS OF EARNINGS PENSIONERS = NO THOSE WITH PRIVATE OCCUPATIONAL PENSIONS = NO THE UNEMPLOYED WHO BECOME CARERS =NO , AND JUST WHAT IS LOSS OF EARNINGS WILL IT BE BASED ON YOUR PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT MANY MAY HAVE BEEN ON MINIMUM WAGE OTHERS MAY HAVE BEEN EARNING £1-000 PER WEEK SO WILL IT BE A PAYMENT WHICH WILL PAY MORE IF YOU USED TO EARN MORE AND WE ALL KNOW ABOUT HOW TO CLAIM EXPENSES .

THE BASIC CLAIM RE NO CARER SHOULD BE IN POVERTY OR SUFFER FINANCIAL HARDSHIP JUST WHAT IS THE LEVEL OF POVERTY PENSIONERS HAVE PENSIONER CREDIT TO LIFT THEM OUT OF POVERTY THE FIGURE USED IS ABOUT £125 PER WEEK IF CARERS WORK FOR THE £95 LIMIT OR HAVE PRIVATE OCCUPATIONAL PENSIONS OR EVEN THE OLD AGE PENSION YOU WILL NOT BE IN POVERTY THEREFORE WILL YOU GET ANY EXTRA HELP I DOUBT IT THE LEVEL OF CARERS ALLOWANCE SHOULD BE SET AT 1 LEVEL FOR CARERS WHO PROVIDE BASIC CARE 2ND LEVEL FOR AS THEY SAY HEAVY END 24/7 CONSTANT CARE.
George,locking this mi lil marra as already here