[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phantom Limb Pain - Carers UK Forum

Phantom Limb Pain

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi everyone,

My name is Steve and I'm new to the forum. Not sure where I should be posting this so I've chosen this particular thread.

Does anyone care for any amputees out there? Especially people with phantom limb pain?

29 years ago now I had a traffic accident and lost both an arm and a leg. Since then I have suffered from phantom limb pain almost every day. It is very distressing and it inhibits my quality of life in numerous ways.
Since my accident I have been searching tirelessly for relief but none of the available treatments seemed to quite work for me. Any pain that does subside, always quickly returns and I’m back at square one again. I am sure you that any of you that care for amputees know exactly what I mean!

Very recently I had the chance to meet to professors at Brunel University, they are working on a new treatment for phantom limb pain that involves using 3D holograms - it's very similar to mirror therapy if anyone has heard of that? Their treatment will never see the light of day unless they get funding. I have now set up Treat PLP with the aim of helping them get the funding they need to make this a reality.

Steve

Edited to remove link to fundraising page.
old topic - locked for usual reasons