[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Exploding Curry - Page 2 -Carers UK Forum

Exploding Curry

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Ok, I own up, I did once put a boiled egg in the micro to finish it off cos it was too runny for my son to eat without being poisoned. The egg did of course explode spectacularly, but like the second curry (earlier in this thread) it waited until it was out of the microwave and went all over me. Yes it hurt. No I won't do it again. Image

I have also been the victim of exploding fruit juice. It had been left rather too long in a vacuum sealed plastic drinks container and as I opened the lid a fraction KERPOW the lid snapped in several places and sticky juice went up the wall.
I have also been the victim of exploding fruit juice. l.
I once got blown up by my mother in law. She was using the pressure cooker to boil some spuds, and slipped the lid on too loosely - I was standing right by it when it blew - the lid went straight up to the ceiling like a Saturn rocket and embedded itself in the plaster. We had to redecorate the kitchen, there was a fine film of potato covering every surface. Only time I ever swore in front of her too... Image Image Image Image

This thread is so funny .... You always know a really good one is coming when it starts off like this.... its a sort of invitation to titter, isnt it?
No it is not a joke,
Hamish Image
Oh, titter ye not, Excalibur, titter ye not. Image

I suppose your pressure cooker incident shows that somebody had spud missiles? Image
A very recent mishap when I went to take an egg out of one of the chickens nesting box. Unknown to me she had been sitting on it for quite a while and then decided to leave it. As I leant over to pick it up it exploded in my face - Yikes, what a pong - I swear that hen was sat on the perch laughing at me. Image
I have enjoyed reading your replies and feel compelled to respond,especially to the big guns(LOLA)so I will have a shot at an explanation.
I complained to the place where "every little helps" and they took the product off the shelves,and they gave me some goodies as compensation.
Yes I did pierce the lid,but thanks for the advice anyway.
As for boiling an egg in a microwave,I have never done this,but I did boil an egg in a pan and forgot about it,the result was an exploded egg and a ruined pan,you could say the explosion was eggnormous(new word for oxford dictionary maybe,voting will start on friday when the House of Representatives meets).
I did eat what was left of the curry and spray painted my fence the next day.

Hamish Image Image
Yes, it's been a real HOOT.

My final words on the matter are to tell you about what happened to a friend of mine.

Many years ago I worked as a Trainee Veterinary Nurse. I shared a flat above the surgery with three other nurses.

One evening, the head nurse was off duty and cooking her tea while evening surgery went on below.

There was a tremendous noise from upstairs and we all went running to find that she had redecorated the kitchen brown.

She had been heating a tin of treacle pudding, gone off to watch the tv, and the pan had boiled dry. The tin had exploded along the side seam, the force of which had embedded it in the side if the saucepan, which in turn had sent the saucepan sideways off the stove where it landed on top of the plastic bin and melted itself to the lid. Sticky syrup and sponge was everywhere!

Is it ok to have a CHEEP laugh at the EGGspense of someone elses misfortune?
Is it ok to have a CHEEP laugh at the EGGspense of someone elses misfortune?
yep ... especially if they are (or even think they are) the head nurse ! Image Image Image Image Image Image
I have enjoyed reading your replies and feel compelled to respond,especially to the big guns(LOLA)so I will have a shot at an explanation.
I complained to the place where "every little helps" and they took the product off the shelves,and they gave me some goodies as compensation.
Yes I did pierce the lid,but thanks for the advice anyway.
As for boiling an egg in a microwave,I have never done this,but I did boil an egg in a pan and forgot about it,the result was an exploded egg and a ruined pan,you could say the explosion was eggnormous(new word for oxford dictionary maybe,voting will start on friday when the House of Representatives meets).
I did eat what was left of the curry and spray painted my fence the next day.

Hamish Image Image
Congratulations Hamish - Good for you, I'm glad that there was a happy ending to all this! Image

Exploding Curry? Surely that's a recipe in Gordon Ramsay's Cookbook? Image Image Image

Thank goodness you didn't eat it - I shudder to contemplate the consequences! Image