[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Exploding Curry - Carers UK Forum

Exploding Curry

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
No it is not a joke,
I bought two chicken curry ready meals from a major retailer on Thursday,I decided to cook them on Firday when they thawed out,I put the first one in the microwave and set the heat for the specified time of 5 minutes,after 4 and a half minutes the curry exploded inside the microwave making a bit of a mess.
I decided then to try the second one,I did the same proceedure but stopped the microwave at just over 4 minutes,I took it out of the microwave and proceeded to carry to my plate and it exploded in my face,I received a small blister on my left hand,and a lot of cleaning up in the kitchen and my clothes.
Is there anyone who can advise me on how to complain about this as this could be dangerous for anyone who buys this article.

Hamish Image
No it is not a joke,
I bought two chicken curry ready meals from a major retailer on Thursday,I decided to cook them on Firday when they thawed out,I put the first one in the microwave and set the heat for the specified time of 5 minutes,after 4 and a half minutes the curry exploded inside the microwave making a bit of a mess.
I decided then to try the second one,I did the same proceedure but stopped the microwave at just over 4 minutes,I took it out of the microwave and proceeded to carry to my plate and it exploded in my face,I received a small blister on my left hand,and a lot of cleaning up in the kitchen and my clothes.
Is there anyone who can advise me on how to complain about this as this could be dangerous for anyone who buys this article.

Hamish Image

OMG you were very lucky that you only had a small blister on your hand.Have never heard of this before.You are right to be concerned about this happening to others.someone else could end up with far worse injuries than you did.You could try contacting the manufacturer or the trading standards
I assume that it told you to pierce the film on the top of the container? Not piercing the film is the only cause I can think of. If it didn't tell you to pierce the film so you didn't I'd complain, if it did and you pierced the film I'd complain too. Having read this I'm glad that I don't use our microwave, being a Luddite at heart I never did trust them.
OMG thank goodness you were not really badly injured in any way

I would seek advice from this organisation

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

08454 04 05 06

to ascertain your rights

I would definately complain to Customer Services or the Manager, they should be able to offer you some kind of compromise

Good Luck
Lola

PS I wonder of the manufacturers added gunpowder by mistake?! Image
Firstly, I agree with Parsifal - you did pierce the film in several places, didn't you?

Secondly, the packaging should have a "customer services" contact address for the company. I'd start there.
How did you get on with this Hamish?

When you buy microwaveable food sometimes they only put the times on for one wattage of microwave oven say 700w but you have a 900w oven so if you put it in for the recommended time for the 700w oven you get it splattered all over the microwave, so check that you had the food on for the correct time for the microwave you have, the company who makes the product will want to know before the pay any compensation.

The words adjust accordingly for your microwave wattage can mean you have to sit there with the calculator

They would rather put a picture on the cardboard outer than full instructions
All the advice above is complete rubbish.

You should just count yourself lucky. Was it a vindaloo by any chance?

Now consider - if it did that to the microwave, what would it have done to your insides if you had actually eaten the darned thing???!!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image
NEVER- put boiled eggs in the microwave even with the lid taken off, they don't call eggs bombs for nothing!!
NEVER- put boiled eggs in the microwave even with the lid taken off, they don't call eggs bombs for nothing!!
Doh? Who calls eggs bombes? I think you should be checking out the recipes here]https://www.connectingforcare.co.uk/ind ... hread/136/[/url]

The vegetarian pizza suggestions are especially inspirational...