[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Eviction from hospital - Page 2 -Carers UK Forum

Eviction from hospital

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Jackie
Baby steps as far as sorting. It takes time but honestly it comes together eventually. As BB says you need time, just for you,. It's a must, so you can gain strength to cope emotionally. I remember BB saying some days the world has to cope without us. Definitely true!
It's OK at times to sit staring into space, immobile, doing nothing.
That's a sure sign of brain overload and utter exhaustion, so allow yourself to do this at times.
When did you last have a proper break?

When I had counselling, the counsellor helped me to set my priorities, with 2 carees competing for my time.
My son had to come before mum as he couldn't speak up for himself, mum could.
I too was working from home. When my husband died I inherited 30 tons of vintage lorry spares which were worthless if sold in bulk, but valuable if I sold them to owners as they needed them. I lived off them for 10 years.
As you won't be eligible for your pension for 10 years or more, some form of income in the future is important.
Can you prioritise the most profitable parts of your business for a few weeks?
Jackie,
I suspect he is still hoping to come home, even though that isn't practical or possible. I think you just have to let the hospital deal with it. I agree an advocate for yourself is a good idea, to take some of the pressure of you. All of this going on in the background will be sapping your energy.
I have achieved precisely nothing today. Everything is piling up, so much needs to be sorted out and disposed of, the house is a pigsty, my business is suffering and I just don't seem to be able to do anything.
Oh yes, I know this feeling. It means you need to give yourself a guilt free day off to doze, read, watch TV or whatever and rest. Then going forward you need to have plans to get out of the house each day because all the time you are in it, you can see what needs doing. Could you arrange to meet a friend for a walk and coffee each week, find a swimming or gym slot that suits you on a particular day etc

My most productive days are the ones I have a set time to get things done and a routine as a routine relieves some of the brain pressure. The hardest part is getting started.

I'm currently decluttering too I love the Dana White "Decluttering at the Speed of Light" approach - as its more realistic for me and her method means I don't get into a worse mess. Since the start of the school holiday and until S broke up on on Friday, I have been aiming to get rid of one box of stuff to the charity box each weekday and one black sack of rubbish. Some days are easier than others - depending on how emotionally drained/buoyant I'm feeling. The days where I have had walk, coffee and talk with a friend in the morning have often led to my more productive afternoons.

My other tip is to tackle the most difficult task first - as that can be the one making it feel impossible to do anything!

Melly1