[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Evangelists - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Evangelists

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Just tell them you are a mormon, they will soon leave you be lol
you can't spell mormon without using the word moron, and you can't spell creationist without using the word cretin
There is a big difference between the millions of quietly faithful people who believe in god and belong to an organized religion of some flavour and the relative minority of people who feel the need to shove their beliefs in everyone else's face.

I don't think it's helpful to take the p*_ s out of others beliefs or religions. IMO that's as bad as the self-appointed religious evangelists because both stem from a self righteous attitude.
nonsense is nonsense .
it matters little if only five people believe it or five million,
There is a big difference between the millions of quietly faithful people who believe in god and belong to an organized religion of some flavour and the relative minority of people who feel the need to shove their beliefs in everyone else's face.

I don't think it's helpful to take the p*_ s out of others beliefs or religions. IMO that's as bad as the self-appointed religious evangelists because both stem from a self righteous attitude.

Well Said ..... the most intelligent, mature and balanced view ....thank you.
Agreed Image

I quite enjoy discussions about religion because to me the variety of beliefs / opinions are interesting. IMO the base line of belief or non-belief is mainly about people trying to make sense of all that happens to them throughout their lives. From fairies at the bottom of the garden to a bearded gent in the sky to a non belief of nothing at all if it brings them peace of mind and comfort.......lucky them.
My problem here is i cant help suspecting this is another of your experiments Scally Image
I was thinking the same - our Scally does love putting the cat amongst the pigeons doesn't he Image Image Image
Totally off topic Image Image but the phrase cat among the pigeons.........
Our bird table is very close to the window so my oh can see the birds feeding. There was a pigeon one minute, then there was a cat murdering the pigeon on the windowsill!!!!!!
Myrtle, it's better than daytime telly!

As for religion, this is where I get my salvation and find peace and tranquillity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPO0DrcE ... re=related

This is my church.
This is where I heal my hurt.
nonsense is nonsense .
it matters little if only five people believe it or five million,
Exactly. I should have as much right to respect if (say) my religion has three members who believe that God is a toadstool, as some religion with 50 million supporters that believe that God is a water spirit of the Congo river who looks and talks like a crocodile. Shouldn't I? And if not, then why not, exactly?
Myrtle - I hope you apprehended the offender and called the Furrrrzzzzz!