[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Evangelists - Carers UK Forum

Evangelists

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
What is it about international carers forums, the ones with lots of Americans on? Why do they feel the need to shove their Christianity down your throat at every possible opportunity, whereas here in the jolly old UK religion is by and large regarded as a private and personal matter? There are times when I think the best thing we could have done with the Pilgrim Fathers was send them off to Virginia .... they were a pain in the Right Royal then, and they are still a pain. At least my Muslim friends dont shove their religion in my face all the time ... by contrast with the extreme evangelicals they are moderate, modest and civilised.
Seems no worse than carers forums where people are always trying to push their political convictions and social policy dogma down our throats Image
Seems no worse than carers forums where people are always trying to push their political convictions and social policy dogma down our throats Image
Three things my Dad said never to talk about in public

sex, politics and religion Image Image Image as all three are nobody's business but your own Image
Well, one way or another we've touched on all three here...
Well, one way or another we've touched on all three here...
Too true!!! Image Image Image
As a good catholic boy (sometimes ) who believes in faith schools it always makes me laugh to see all these evolutionists becoming creationists when it`s time to chose a school ...
Scally,

My advice is to ignore any unwanted religious blah blah. I don't think religion needs to be private, but it does need to be kept in it's place (right time, right context, right audience). People who need to shove it into every conversation or situation IMO have a problem.

That said, I am an American and have been living in the U.K. for the past 15+ years. When I'm in the U.S. I cringe at how often god or religion is mentioned on the tellie or newspapers, etc. Either I never noticed it before I moved across the pond, or, it's become much worse over time. I think it's the latter.
It has become a lot worse, IMHO. Once upon a time belief in God was something that was reserved for family and church on Sunday, maybe for grand public speeches about important life or death issues and large scale loss of life in random disasters caused by human carelessness like overloaded ferry sinkings and mass crushings at football matches. Now you can hardly escape the tentacles of evangelism, they are crawling all over the place. I'm seriously wondering whether to "unfriend" all the people I otherwise quite like who keep on going on and on and on about God on Facebook and so on .. Their blind faith in an alien and utterly improbably all-knowing, all-seeing, and all-embracing intelligent life form that controls and dominates all human life on this planet and across the entire universe is truly a bit embarrassing. They might as well be talking about flying saucers or conspiracies to bump off Princess Diana, but they just sound stupid and ignorant to me.
I love the way certain evangelist types go on about the evils in the Qu'ran, entirely and conveniently forgetting how much of it is near-identical to the Bible.