[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Puzzled About P/T Work? - Carers UK Forum

Puzzled About P/T Work?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I have been told I can work up to 16hrs a week, even though I receive carers allowance. If I work part time, does the money I earn have to be taken from my benefits, and if not, how much extra can I earn?
You can in fact work as many hours per week as you wish but you cant earn more than about £95 per week if you go over the £95 you will lose out on your carers allowance however as we have the minimum wage in place it is about 16 hours per week.
So I can earn £95 p/w without losing any of my benefits?
dont lose carers allowance not sure about others ?

me no expert ROSEMARY OR CHARLES BEST 2 2 ASK
Hi Man on MTB

CarersLine can do a full check for you to see if it will affect any other benefits being claimed.

Freephone 0808 808 7777 Weds/Thurs 10-12 and 2-4pm.

Best wishes
Chris
Hi Man on MTB.

It's best to check your situation with the CarersLine as they can go into full detail with you. The general rule of thumb is that your Carers Allowance won't be affected if your net wages are under £95 a week, but other benefits - such as Income Support - have a much lower cutoff point and can be affected, so it's really important to get good advice tailored to your needs.