[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Elderly Vs Criminal..... - Carers UK Forum

Elderly Vs Criminal.....

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Let's put the seniors in jail and the criminals in a nursing home. This way the seniors would have access to showers, hobbies, and walks. They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs, etc., and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly if they fell or needed assistance. Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell. They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose. They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counseling, pool, and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request. Private secure rooms for all with an outdoor exercise yard and gardens.

Each senior could have a PC, a TV, a radio, and daily phone calls. There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to. They could also sue for damages if they feel their human rights have been infringed in any way.

The criminals who traded for the Nursing home would get food they didn’t like, be left alone and unsupervised, lights off at 8 pm, and showers once a week. They would live in a tiny room, pay £3200 per month, and have no hope getting out alive.

Who would you rather be an elderly person or a criminal??!! .............
A large number of so called "criminals" are severely damaged individuals, people with mental health and addiction issues, illiterates, dyslexics, aspergers, PTSD, PMT, you name it. Nobody in their right mind robs a corner store for a few hundred quid, or stabs their boyfriend in a fit of temper - apart from white-collar criminals who genuinely think they can get away with fraud, most criminals are either really dumb or not quite right in the head. Most of them need help, not prison.
That is an excellent post pussycat i have not seen it put in such such excellent contrast before now.
Well done hun! Image
Looks like an American one that's been anglicised. Lot of them about.
Hi Pussycat

What about carers? If we lived in the prisons we could still get our £53 per week but not be expected to pay bills for heating or food. We could have our own tv, we would have nights locked in or rooms so that we can sleep undisturbed and we dont have to do the housework.

The biggest problem I would have is that I have not mastered Playstation 1 yet so going to be awful confused with Playstation 3 and X Box.

I have commited no crime yet I am stuck in a life of 24/7 on call.

Little Lamb
Hi Pussycat

What about carers?
I have commited no crime yet I am stuck in a life of 24/7 on call.
Little Lamb
No you aren't. Phone social services in the morning, and tell them that due to unforeseen circumstances, you are emigrating to the Falkland Islands on 1st June to join your sheep-farming Facebook boyfriend and set up a new home together, and that they can then take over. Then watch the offers of help flood in to persuade you otherwise. A lamb is a merely a wolf in sheeps clothing .... Image
Hi Excalibur

There has been a bit of a situation in the last week I am not happy about and I may well take some of your advice. I have tried all sorts in the past recorded delivery letters I will be away from this date to that date and he is your responsibility during that time, I have turned up at their office with right arm in bandages, even apparently "phoned to have a wee blether" after getting out of hospital and didnt mention I was just out of hospital. I dont know if any of these would work around here.

Little Lamb