[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
early morning rant - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

early morning rant

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
yeah i know just so hard at times ! when we met 8 yrs ago she was alovely outgoing person but in the last 5 years ! has become quite recluse and depressed due to her illness obviously she was ok at times as we have a 3 1/2 yr old and an 8 mth old both accidents but very wanted but in the last 6 - 8 months her illness and depression have got worse ! and is is so hard at times ! many a time she has thought about leaving us to let us get on and live our lives but that is not what we want !

somedays are better than others ! as we all know so maybe tomorrow will be better
(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) Gav. Nobody ever said caring was easy, we do it for love not money.
I disagree with Rosemary that families will always care. There are plenty of families that don't -who just think the state will do it all. Also- if services and benefits are cut to an even more dire level, some carers will just crash under the strain or simply decide they will no longer carry on. In fact the government may well shoot themselves in the foot when they are faced at having to provide alternative care for people who would have been cared for by their families given the right support.
I agree dragonlady.
I wrote to my MP saying governemnt would be al lot worse off if I put hubby in a care home because his fees would be paid and they would still have to give me HB, Council tax and Income Support because I am disabled as well.
So far no answer to that one Image
maybe maybe just maybe its time to have a chat with medics and see if they can improve on her medication? it seems such a shame that she is missing the joy of a toddler and a babe ..or at least not gettting the joy you both deserve. Hope you can feel optimistic that things will improve in time.
Meanwhile, i dont envy your "yummy" night!
thanks yeah have discussed this with doctors but there isnt alot more they can do ! she has begged for a colostomy bag but they arent keen due toall the legions in her bowel so jsut a case of suffer

starting back on her liquid feed diet soon so hopefully may get some remission
I disagree with Rosemary that families will always care. There are plenty of families that don't -who just think the state will do it all. Also- if services and benefits are cut to an even more dire level, some carers will just crash under the strain or simply decide they will no longer carry on. In fact the government may well shoot themselves in the foot when they are faced at having to provide alternative care for people who would have been cared for by their families given the right support.
I know where you are coming from and agree with your comment about families being under more pressure. Hard with typed words to say what I mean but I did not mean to imply carers would always care, just that many would still carry on regardless of all the changes from governments. We see many stories on here where carers are at breaking point and still they carry on. This has to be the starting point.
some carers will just crash under the strain or simply decide they will no longer carry on.
Totally agree, thats why they need address carers issues asap.