[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Postcard from Sidmouth - Carers UK Forum

Postcard from Sidmouth

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I thought I would share this with you: I am one of six siblings, we share the care between us as best we can, and my parents are now in their ninth decade. Every year my two younger sisters E and J take my parents, (who still live independently in their own home with various statutory and non-statutory supports) off on holiday to the South Coast:
Dear Scally ..
We're having a great time , weather has been mixed but avoided most of the showers so far. Have been for walks and played golf in the afternoons (whilst parents sleep). The hotel is lovely but is really an old people's home in disguise. We enjoy the four course breakfasts and the four course dinners. Just as well we play Scrabble twice a day to work off the calories!
All our love ...
E&J, M&D
Do any of you share the care around the family a bit? Or do you feel dumped on by your sibs?
I share the care but not with my siblings, more with my wife's family (and a good things too. They're down the road, my siblings are really not!)

I guess I'm kind of lucky in that I've had support but it wasn't always possible when we lived in a very different area.
Do any of you share the care around the family a bit? Or do you feel dumped on by your sibs?

"Not much" and "yes" Image Image

2 x 5 hour breaks per week is all they can manage - they can't 'cope' with any more than that !
No and the second part isn't really relavent as they're my kids.
No family living round us.
I've no siblings.
Hubby's only sibling lives in Aussieland.

Nuff said.
My hubby is one of seven - no one helps I also keep an eye on his parents who are 81 and 86 both pretty okay at the moment but they are getting a little frail. My SIL ( who is a lady that lunches) will do their shopping if MIL is ill. I deal with any emergencies - because in my MIL words 'You get things sorted them lot run round like headless chickens' Image
I also help my mum if needed with my dad who has a number of health issues as well as dementia my brother says he can't deal with seeing dad like he is!
I think I must have sucker tatooed on my forehead!!!!!