Driving

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Just a thought to how many of us, with our NO sleep or FEW HOURS sleep every night, are actually going out there and DRIVING, because we don't have any other choice?????

Scary isn't it, but what do we do? (I had 2 hours last night).
I can't drive, but it's a scary thought.
I don't drive, I only got 3 hours sleep last night. Image
Good point, Fran.
Only the other day I made a few mistakes while driving Mathew and his children home. I had a think about it, and informed him that if I was really tired, I was going to have to forego driving him anywhere. His answer? - "I think that's very sensible, Mum"!
Yes, it is very frightening.

I also had to drive last year within an hour of being with my younger son when he had died.I still do not remember the drive AT ALL.The hospital really shouldn't have let us go. I can't think that I was safe at all.And for weeks after that, Katie did most of the driving, as I went to pieces whenever I saw an ambulance with the blue lights on.
Just a thought to how many of us, with our NO sleep or FEW HOURS sleep every night, are actually going out there and DRIVING, because we don't have any other choice?????

Scary isn't it, but what do we do? (I had 2 hours last night).
A lot more of us if we are going to be on benefits designed to force us to get a job or go bankcrupt. I get more sleep than you but it is disturbed and thankfully now I am not responsible for getting my kids to and from school most days now as the LEA pays for a Taxi for my twins and a bus pass for my oldest. Before that I did once briefly mount the curb due to driving when too tired- thankfully no one was using the path.
Last year I drove back home from holiday in Cambridgeshire, complete with trailer, on 2 hours' sleep, a distance of about 180 miles. I really shouldn't have, but had no other choice.

Exactly what are we supposed to do?
if i was forced to go back to work due to lack of tax credits dla and carers allowance then i would probably have to do 200 + miles a day on possibly 3or 4 hours sleep and be on the phone most of that time checking on things like i used to untill recently Image not something i would be proud of but need's must !
Last year I drove back home from holiday in Cambridgeshire, complete with trailer, on 2 hours' sleep, a distance of about 180 miles. I really shouldn't have, but had no other choice.

Exactly what are we supposed to do?
Until I was told about help with transport costs for those who's kids are entitled to free school meals I was as far as I was aware legally required to drive no matter how tired I was. The legal requirement being my kids had to go to school or I'd be breaking the law.
Yep, it's rubbish isn't it, let alone dangerous. All this advice on 'Don't drive Tired', all those signs down the motorways 'Tired? Take a Break'...... yeah and who exactly is going to take over all this 'tired driving', which we constantly have no other choice but to continue doing.

'Sorry dear, you can't go there today, I'm much too tired to drive you.'

'Sorry love, you'll have to cancel your important hospital appointment, I'm far too tired to drive you.'

'Sorry, darling, I've only had 1 hour sleep last night, cos I was seeing to you all night long, so it's rather dangerous for me to drive you to the Day Care centre, to see all your friends.'

YEAH - live in OUR REAL WORLD, people.

It's so despairing that we don't have a choice. And what exactly DO we SAY to that nice policeman who's stopped us, then?