[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Prefuneral arrangments - Carers UK Forum

Prefuneral arrangments

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi All,

My mum was thinking about buying a funeral plan so she can decide what she would like .She is to be assessed soon by the local council to see what she need s to give towards her day centre payments.
She was wondering if she took out a plan would this be taken into account as still being some kind of savings to declare to the council. I don't know the answer to this one myself.
Any advice would be great.
I don't like talking about this kind of thing very much. But I suppose it all sorted the way someone wants it to be.
Thanks
Love Sonia xx
Hi Sonia,
as far as I know if a funeral plan is taken out it is not counted in the assets and more importantly it is not seen as 'deprivation of assets'.
it is after all a sensible thng to do these days with the sky high cost of funerals.
We have just paid for MIL's, it was the most basic one we could find as none of us have spare cash and it was nearly £3000.