[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dont forget to turn the lights off GORDON - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

dont forget to turn the lights off GORDON

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
The knife comment was reply to excalibur read HIS POST iam off .

GEORGE
Just before i go i was thinking about railway union a.g.m. in 1973 year we won the cup
many rumours going around as usual re the leadership and from the top table one of our beloved leaders who sadly is no longer with us got up to speak and he said ive heard many allegations and when i find out who the aligator is ----------- silence is golden well it broke the ice

ta ta Image
The knife comment was reply to excalibur read HIS POST iam off .

GEORGE
George - I apologise unreservedly for assumimg that comment was aimed at me. As Charles said, we can all get tetchy and irritable when waiting.

I hope you will accept my apology George.
NO PROBLEM FROM ME Image

BUT I KEEP ASKING WHAT WORKING CARERS WANT IVE JUST POSTED A LENGTHY THINGY FOR WHAT I WANT THE POINT I KEEP MAKING IS THE GOVERNMENT WILL GO FOR THE BIG HEAD LINE YOU KNOW WHAT IAM GETTING AT 7 MILLION CARES HELPED BY LABOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN MOST OF IT WILL BE CASH FREE AND IAM SURE THOSE OF US WHO CANT/ DONT WANT TO WORK WILL BE LEFT BEHIND THE CARERS STRATEGY AS IVE SAID IS JUST TINKERING WITH MOST THINGS.

I WORKED AND CARED FOR STAN FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS IT WAS USELESS I COULD NOT DO BOTH HOW WOULD THE STATE HAVE HELPED ME AS IVE SAID IF STAN HAD A CARER WHEN I WAS AT WORK WHEN I WAS AT HOME I WOULD THEN HAVE TO CARE FOR HIM IAM NOT BEING FUNNY BUT WE ALL NEED SOME SLEEP AND REST MY JOB AT THE TIME OVERHEAD LINESMAN WAS VERY DANGEROUS NOT JUST WORKING AT HIGHTS BUT HIGH VOLTAGE POWER LINES SOME DAYS / NIGHTS I WAS TO BE HONEST ASLEEP ON THE JOB SO I MADE THE DECISSION TO PACK IT ALL IN I WAS OFF SICK ANYWAY AND DECIDED TO JUMP SHIP .

AND TO BE HONEST IN A WAY IT WAS THE BEST MOVE I EVER MADE APART FROM THE CASH SOME OF MY MATES SAID I HAD PULLED A FAST ONE GETTING EARLY RETIREMENT £500 A MONTH YET WHEN THEY REALISED MY PAY FOR THAT YEAR WAS OVER £30-000 1997 WELL NUFF SAID.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

SAY NOT ALWAYS WHAT YOU KNOW BUT ALWAYS KNOW WHAT YOU SAY

P.S. NOT AIMED AT SNOOPY Image
George wrote
BUT I KEEP ASKING WHAT WORKING CARERS WANT IVE JUST POSTED A LENGTHY THINGY FOR WHAT I WANT THE POINT I KEEP MAKING IS THE GOVERNMENT WILL GO FOR THE BIG HEAD LINE YOU KNOW WHAT IAM GETTING AT 7 MILLION CARES HELPED BY LABOUR GOVERNMENT WHEN MOST OF IT WILL BE CASH FREE AND IAM SURE THOSE OF US WHO CANT/ DONT WANT TO WORK WILL BE LEFT BEHIND THE CARERS STRATEGY AS IVE SAID IS JUST TINKERING WITH MOST THINGS.
I'm not sure either, exactly what working carers want apart from as they said more support so they can carry on working.
What I suspect they will get in the way of support is
A) Telecare installed to moniter their caree.
B) A care worker popping in on an off check up on their caree and give them breakfast, lunch, and help to wash and dress etc through out the day.

Probably for some that will help for a while, it will delay the inevitable of the carer having to give work to care. For some it will work for a few more months for others maybe for a few more years.
The support that the government intend to provide is not the equal of what a "family carer" provides, it's not lik for like. We are there 24/7. The care work will pop in do the essentials and go. On top that inaqequate (IMO) support the caree (and possibly the carer will) have to stump up the money to pay for the support.

The saddest aspect of this type of support to me is that the caree will be treated pretty much like a problem parcel, rather than a valuable human being.
And the carer will work longer, pay a bit more off their mortgage, save a bit more etc, for what? So they can live off their extra savings for longer? have a larger equity in their house to use to live off too if they are again in the position of having to sell? Am I being pessamistic? What do others think?
I absolutely agree with you Cheryl, for a government that talks of dignity and respect for older people they have a funny way of showing it, everything they do gives the opposite message, older people, anyone in fact, who needs support, are treated with neither dignity nor respect but as a burden to be shuffled around at will in order to cause as little inconvenience as possible. What better than to leave them to the mercy of impersonal telecare and the occasional visit from a carer or, if they have funds, place them in a residential home; hide them away and we can forget they exist, take away meaningful human contact and they'll lose the will to live, one inconvenient burden less.
Just thought of a new name for telecare, support from the government etc Pretendtocare!
I totally agree Cheril.
The bizarre thing is we have been offered £1300 a week to "buy" care for our son. We have had to give up our jobs and work part and earn a pittance to care for him but we cant use any of the payment to pay ourselves. We earn about £200 a week between us which is too much for any benefits but its a huge struggle to carry on financially.
Our son has severe learning difficulties, autism, and challenging behaviours. He is currently attending a National Autistic Day service but they are finding him difficult to deal with. He has only been attending few hours a week and we provide care the rest of the time. How on earth we are expexted to find individuals who can care for him properly when the "experts" are failing i sbyond me.
Hi Daisy, its typical of silly rules and regs that seem to be particularly designed to make life more difficult, I'm sure someone somewhere is paid a lot of money to do just this.
I've no doubt you could spend that money far more wisely, make it go further etc if you had complete control and say as to what to do with it. Infuriating!!!!
It's predicated on a presumption that paying family members within the same household is open to financial abuse and although financial abuse, indeed abuse of any kind, is rare we're all seen as having the potential to misuse DPs. The same goes for benefits and just about anything that's paid for out of the public purse (except, of course, MPs' expenses). It's incredibly unjust, utterly illogical and shows a total lack of ability to exercise discretion.