[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dog with a bone - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Dog with a bone

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Thanks I'd forgotten to add the title- should have gone now
Henrietta - I rather thought that was your 'bone'!

My take is to suggest getting in touch with a programme like You and Yours. Telling them (in writing) your story. They do regular programmes on the cost of care, etc, and case studies such as yours are always good (journos love case stories!).

Ditto with any other 'popular' outlets (eg, Daily Mail etc).

To my mind, what needs to happen is not so much anything like a 'national campaign' but just a general public awareness of the Care Trap that your situation represents so graphically (and from which you have just been mercifully released).

But I definitely think You and Yours for starters.

You could also write to Which magazine perhaps? That's another 'awareness raising' publication.
As the others have said, it's difficult not knowing any specifics, however, there are ministers in charge of every issue it seems, and that is sort of official as well as groups like the Patients Association and Healthwatch.