[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Does anyone know the answer to this question please? - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Does anyone know the answer to this question please?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I said psychologically...
Sorry for the mistake flipflap.

I've been psychologically damage by my caring role at least that's what the psychologist told me.

You can download information about POA

http://www.publicguardian.gov.uk/forms/forms.htm
I said psychologically...
Sorry for the mistake flipflap.

I've been psychologically damage by my caring role at least that's what the psychologist told me.

You can download information about POA

http://www.publicguardian.gov.uk/forms/forms.htm

I am very stressed, but not clinically bats as far as I know! Image
What disnae kill you, gives you strength.
Such damage could also be considered a useful - if painful - learning experience. A non-psych might argue that without such experiences we are lesser human beings... its all relative, isnt it?
I have POA over my husband and my children have it over the pair of us a belt and braces approach. Obviously they would only excercise it if it looked as if I was screwing up too badly.
i have no idea how things work leagally but just wanted to say this, not saying your children are this way but years ago my muminlaws sister allowed her son and partner to put the house in there name under the agreement that she would continue to live there until her last days. Gradually the relationship broke down to the stage she was living in a single room in the house that was once hers eventually they drove her out they treated her so badly she ended up alone in a tiny one bed flat with barely any furniture because as the family took over her hom they gradually got rid of her furniture 'to update' the rooms.
Where money and property are concerned be very careful!! sorry to be doom and gloom but would never want to see anyone go through this x
i have no idea how things work leagally but just wanted to say this, not saying your children are this way but years ago my muminlaws sister allowed her son and partner to put the house in there name under the agreement that she would continue to live there until her last days. x
How very unfortunate for her, and very unfair too. But ultimately we will all have to trust someone, come the day when we can no longer manage our own affairs. I guess the key decisions are
a) who to trust and
b) what safeguards to put in place in case they take advantage.

The sensible thing is to split the formal power between people who are unlikely to find common cause; husband/wife combos are a no-no.
I've seen parents rip off their disabled children, children rip off their parents, siblings rip off their siblings, husbands rip off their wives; seen it all pretty much. When money is involved, (or even jealousy over who gets some stupid set of china teacups) people can change from fawning sycophants to hyenas overnight. I've also seen lawyers take advantage of this suspicion to milk the whole family dry. It's a nasty cruel world we live in: maybe the best strategy is to will most of your money away in trust to charity when you are compos mentis rather than sit around and hope that it all goes OK.
Excalibur, do you know that living wills are hardly worth the paper they are printed on?Twice in the last three weeks, my Dad would have died had the paramedics and hospital paid respected the Living Will.That is not what Dad intended. He put a lot of thought into it, he talked to his GP, my sister,brother and myself to let us know his wishes and to ensure we respected his decision.The Living Will was renewed earlier this year,and the GP had to check his Mental Capacity.
It has to have time to be put into place on any hospital admission,even an emergency.The only way round it that I can see is to have it tattoo'ed on your chest,with your GP's signature also tattoo'ed,and threatening that your family will sue the paramedics or hospital for the cost of your future care, if they resuscitate you and your care then costs a lot more.(I believe my Dad is going to have to go into a Nursing Home,I do not think he will be fit to return to the Care Home).
Excalibur, do you know that living wills are hardly worth the paper they are printed on?
Yes, I do, rather sadly. I mean, whose life is it?
I'm currently looking at Margot McDonald's supporting dying Bill being chewed up and spit out by the Scottish Parliament, and wondering how do we solve this problem? Its quite incredible to me that, should I be suffering from a painful and terminal illness and can clearly express a wish to die, the State will nevertheless do all in its power to stop me and punish anyone who is trying to help me achieve this simple and socially desirable goal, because they have been hijacked by a tiny minority of extremists from the Pro-Life brigade. I do not wish to die in a Swiss hotel, thanks, I would rather die at home.
Hi Flip Flap
I don't believe you was on this forum at the time when a very good friend of mine was sent to prison for bending the benefit's ruling's and a Certain person on this forum had no sympathy for him what so ever and he was caring for his wife that had cancer and this particular person no names mentioned said fraud was fraud in what ever way it was mentioned so he deserved what punishment he got.

So please get legal advice you never know how people will judge you even if you are doing it with every good intention to benefit your children Please be careful.

John
We wouldn't dream of ever doing anything illegal, and if we can't do it legally then we wouldn't do it!
sorry dont know what happened but this government does everything it can illegally but so called legally through poor,FRAUDULENT AND DISGUSTING legilsation against infirm and terminally ill people and commits fraud against FULLTIME UNPAID CARERS 24/7.

THEY DO THIS DAILY AGAINST US. KENNETH2NOW FIFE
I want the choice to die when l want to who the hell does this government think they are.

My mum is slowly dieing an agonising death cancer it is eating her away the drugs which has the same effect as chemothrapy are longer working. Mum reminding everyone was a senior nursing sister for 42 years here annd abroad mum loved her patients over all those years in fact had 3 jobs to support our family in south africa.

Now has a very poor quality of life just to ill to do almost anything hence the fact of selling the house to move into my 2 bedroom flat maisonnette.

Mum wanted to pass on her house to me but that is not going to happen.

Once the morgage is cleared there hopefully be some pennies left but l cannot buy again anyway.

Just a wicked purile venemous anger l have the system inplace that persecutes infirm and FULLTIM DISABLED AND CARERS AS WELL KENNETH2NOWFIFE.