[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Does anyone esle feel like this? - Carers UK Forum

Does anyone esle feel like this?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I have carered for my husband for the past 4 years and recently found out he's got a head injury. But over the past 3 months I have felt very tired and my body aches, their is not a day that goes by that I don't hurt. It does not feel like pain but my body feels heavy, most days I sleep well, but the urge to sleep and do nothing is getting worst.

I work full time and have to children aged 11 and 14 as well as caring for my husband, I have booked my self a dr's appointment. Does anyone else have this or have you felt this way? I feel my body is trying to tell me something like rest, I wish......

Many thanks
Monica
hi monica i have felt like that in the past i thing it is your body just telling you to take it easy and have break but that is easyer said than done see your gp he mite beabel to give you something just to pick you up
Do you get any breaks? I ask because I have felt similar at times. Not because of lack of sleep or anything obvious, but just because I got no 'me' time and so I was constantly 'on call' and doing things for others so that my batteries just ran so low that I felt tired and heavy and pretty much what you described. If it's possible to get a break for yourself, just some time to do what you want, in your own time, at your own pace, that might help. Or at least you could see how you feel afterwards. But seeing your GP is a good idea.
over the past 3 months I have felt very tired and my body aches, their is not a day that goes by that I don't hurt. It does not feel like pain but my body feels heavy, most days I sleep well, but the urge to sleep and do nothing is getting worst.
Yep - exactly ! I sometimes think that I want to sleep so much because when I'm asleep I'm not worrying about caring Image I know that I should be getting more exercise but when I do get the chance I can't be bothered; I also know that when I do have time 'off' I should 'do' something other than wander up and down the local high street ! But too be honest it all seems to be too much hassle - I'm just too tired to 'do' anything. Some days it even seems too much effort to just get washed and dressed Image
Even if you sleep well it's easy to stay in carer mode, ready to be there if you're needed and, although you may get 'rest' it doesn't mean that you actually switch off and properly rest. I think there's a big difference between 'not doing things' and actually getting good quality rest where you feel rejuvinated afterwards. Don't know if this is the case?
I have carered for my husband for the past 4 years and recently found out he's got a head injury. But over the past 3 months I have felt very tired and my body aches, their is not a day that goes by that I don't hurt. It does not feel like pain but my body feels heavy, most days I sleep well, but the urge to sleep and do nothing is getting worst.

I work full time and have to children aged 11 and 14 as well as caring for my husband, I have booked my self a dr's appointment. Does anyone else have this or have you felt this way? I feel my body is trying to tell me something like rest, I wish......

Many thanks
Monica
Everyday for the past nearly 2 decades.
Morning all

Well thank you for all your replies, I do believe it's because us carers don't get time for ourselfs, we are on carer roll 24 hrs /52 days a year. Will see what Dr has to say friday, but I feel he will sign me off when it gets to bad, but I have learnt that if that is what I need then I am taking it,I have two children who depend on me as well. I love my job but other people can do it too.

Once again thanks for all your replies, take care everyone. Monica x
Sounds like you've got a good attitude for it. If you need a break to help you than you need to take one.
Hi Monica, yes I have felt like this too. I care for S and work too. I have felt so tired with trying to do everything and fight for everything (officialdom) and even when I do get a few minutes spare all I wanted to do was sleep, and then felt guilty about it. I even went to the docs about it, as I wondered if it was thyroid trouble (runs in the family.) Doc said it sounded like stress. She said if bloods came back normal I should consider trying meds. She also recommended finding a carers group/forum and hence here I am!! Best thing was coming on here and realising I'm not alone ..

Nor are you.

Melly1
Hi all

I would love to have time to my self but as my husband is home 24/7, I have no chance, I have thought about going part time, but my husband would want to take him out, still awaiting for a day placement and waiting for combat stress to get involved.

WIll let you know what dr says friday.

Thanks Guys x