[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OTs and sling strap colours - Carers UK Forum

OTs and sling strap colours

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi,just wanted a bit of advice really. Anyone ever disagreed with the OTs before?. We have an issue with sling straps-we usually use yellow but they want us to use the last grey one-i always thought this was just a safety strap!. I'm worried because if that strap breaks(for whatever reason) the client will fall? Any advice :-???
So does that mean you can??? Doesn't seem right to me?
Hi Kathryn,

it's awhile since I hoisted, but I do remember we used different hoist straps on different children depending on their needs.

If you are uncomfortable following the OT's advice then I would a ask them to come out again to double check and ask them to demonstrate a lift, so that you can point out your concerns as the lift occurs. Often they need to see the potential dangers of a lift in action to understand what our concerns are.

If the Ot stands by their advice, make sure that the OT's directions re straps are written into the moving and handling plan for the person and signed by the OT.

Melly1