[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OSBORNE BUDGET - Carers UK Forum

OSBORNE BUDGET

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
B.B.C. REPORT "ALL BENEFITS" TO BE CUT - INCLUDING CARERS ALLOWANCE ? I HAVE NOT HEARD THE CHANCELLOR SAY THAT OR HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING .
WHATS THIS EXTRA HELP FOR THE COUNCIL TAX IF YOU HAVE A CARER IS IT AN INCREASE IN THE 25% CARERS DISCOUNT ?? IAM CONFUSED AGAIN..
Have a look here George

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10374475.stm

it's the main points in brief. No 'cuts' that I can see, but no real increases either. Just more of the same, although most benefits are set to rise in line with the Consumer Price Index rather than the RPI which is generally higher. DLA to be subject to new medical assessment from 2013. No mention of CA per se, so assume it's included within the generic term of 'benefits'.

However I'm sure that CUK will be dissecting the whole report with a fine tooth comb and let us know what they find in the small print !!
None of the Mums with children with DS are happy about the assessments, who will do the night-time ones? I wouldnt want a stranger staying with Sarah overnight, also some days shes great and other days hoprrendous so no doubt the assessor would come on a good dasy and she would lose her DLA, they have a known medical disability so why assessment she wont get better!

Havent seen anything about Carers being cut George, housing benefit is to be though
I have copied all the comments above to this thread . Locking this to keep all in one place if possible.