[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DISGRACE HOW MUCH LONGER - Carers UK Forum

DISGRACE HOW MUCH LONGER

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Mum been waitin 3 years for a shower being fitted
3 years for a place at the day centre
How much longer????
it aint going to get any quicker,i think.i hear this every day.
My son had to wait 6 years for a showerchair and now this one is falling apart - can't get a hold of an OT to get on the waiting list to see her regarding a new one.

Eun
im hearing it so much more now,here,for certain,and in carers groups etc,and thats before staff cuts come.i dont think we can expect anything to change to speed things along.far from it.
im hearing it so much more now,here,for certain,and in carers groups etc,and thats before staff cuts come.i dont think we can expect anything to change to speed things along.far from it.
Thanks,

So it seems it's not going to happen, they said to us about the shower not the other way round my sister is an OT not that is going to help what about the day centre ????
Eun, our OT keeps us as an 'open' case, so that when things deteriorate we don't have to start from scratch again on a waiting list.
When you finally get to see one, it might be worth asking if they could do this for you too.
EUN your up here in scotland arnt you.
try the local council web site as here in west lothian there is a page where we can self refer for some items if already known to the OT and a shower chair im sure is one of the items.

myra
i get jaded by it,but i come back at em.do,if you can muster the energy,push for your rights.be strong,its not easy,but you can,if you push,one time in ten,buck the trend and hit a home run.can be done.
Myrtle
That is what used to happen with Robert also - they kept him as an "open" file so that he wouldn't have to go back to the start every time. After all he is only going to get worse not better. However the SW dept have said they no longer do this.

The thing is he saw an OT from Johnstone (we live in Renfrew) about a slidey sheet around a year ago and he told her he didn't need anything else at that time!! (I wanted him to mention the shower chair and the fact that the doors need widened but he said he didn't want any hassle and he wouldn't listen to me - typical.) Now that he does need one he can't get it.

The social worker was supposed to be coming to the house last week to do an assessment for independent living for him and we had asked him to ask the OT to contact us (he and the Renfrew OT share the same office) but he didn't turn up and apparantly is off sick (and of course the weather here is hellish also).

We will have to wait until he comes back off the sick before anything will get done as if a social worker is off noone else takes over his case files - just as well son has us eh?

Eun
Myrtle
That is what used to happen with Robert also - they kept him as an "open" file so that he wouldn't have to go back to the start every time. After all he is only going to get worse not better. However the SW dept have said they no longer do this.

The thing is he saw an OT from Johnstone (we live in Renfrew) about a slidey sheet around a year ago and he told her he didn't need anything else at that time!! (I wanted him to mention the shower chair and the fact that the doors need widened but he said he didn't want any hassle and he wouldn't listen to me - typical.) Now that he does need one he can't get it.

The social worker was supposed to be coming to the house last week to do an assessment for independent living for him and we had asked him to ask the OT to contact us (he and the Renfrew OT share the same office) but he didn't turn up and apparantly is off sick (and of course the weather here is hellish also).

We will have to wait until he comes back off the sick before anything will get done as if a social worker is off noone else takes over his case files - just as well son has us eh?
Eun

Disgrace,

So everytime something is needed u go on a waiting list????

I agree y would the list be closed ur gonna get worst not better this is the second time being on a list