[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dilemma, Mum not well and refusing treatment. - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Dilemma, Mum not well and refusing treatment.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi Christina,
My best friend's nan, who is 90-odd, does this whenever she gets an infection. She goes into "Just let me die..." mode.
Usually my friend ends up driving the couple of hundred miles to where she lives and pretty much giving her THE TALK.
THE TALK goes a bit like this:
* Nan, as the eldest member of this family, you are the head of it. We still need you to be the head of this family, so you'll bloody live until we tell you otherwise.
* Nan, by refusing all food, water, etc, you're basically committing suicide. You know what the Church says about suicide (she's very religious).
* Nan, I know you miss Gramps, but if you turn up to meet him looking like THIS he's going to be very angry with you for getting there early.
* Nan, what would Gramps say if he were here now? He'd tell you to pull yourself together and get on with it because there's a war on, don't you know...
It's never failed yet. She usually sulks for a few days, then rallies and after a while she's back to complaining about the hairdresser, etc...
Pope, that's priceless!! :lol: :lol: :lol: