[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Care Funding Guidance - Carers UK Forum

Care Funding Guidance

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Care Funding Guidance is a new not-for-profit company which helps self-funders find the best way of funding care costs. There is an outline guide you can download from their website http://www.carefc.co.uk/ .

I have no association with them, I just saw a piece in the paper by the founder, so knowing how often this comes up here, thought I would post so people can look for themselves.
Hi cotula
Had a look and I think it's a great starter guide. I found that my Mum was very reluctant to have a 'means test'. Didn't want 'anyone knowing her business.' However as her savings exceeded the magic £25, 250.00 all we had to do was make a declaration, and no means test was carried out. Of course when her savings get down to the critical level then one will have to be done. Cross that bridge when we come to it.
Elaine
I can imagine in some cases especially with elderly folk verging on dementia it is very hard to do an accurate means test. Thinking they have no money seems to be a common theme. If they struggled in earlier life and squirreled bits away and bought the odd shares here and there I can imagine it is hard to keep track of things especially if they deal with their own claims.