[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Young carers - Carers UK Forum

Young carers

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi Everyone,

As some of you may know I am new to the caring role, but would like to know more about the young carers for my two young children who do also help with the role. As they are always giving me help with jobs around the house, and help with comforting and supporting their mum even though they are still young and only 4 and 6 would they benefit from anything like this?

Regards,

Ian
i would like to know how many young carers are in the role in the uk today.
The census reckoned there were about 150,000 under 18s caring, Maxi, if memory serves.

That was triple the government estimates prior to that and still, in my view, far lower than the actual figure.

There are projects to support young carers, Ian, but they are relatively few and far between: the best bet is to contact your local authority (or check the website) to see what's on offer in your area.
my thanks for this info.it is a damming inditement of our nation that theres no universal prgrame of national support for young carers.its pretty disgusting,in fact.