[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Deserted again... (a moan) - Carers UK Forum

Deserted again... (a moan)

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Well, I can't pretend to be surprised that my recent chat with my regional Carer's association led to nothing.

Sure, I got all the usual info on carer's allowance... the issue with that is that I to0ld the woman that my caree "isn't disabled enough" (Ugh, I LOATHE those 3 words) in the eyes of DWP for me to claim that.

I got a form to fill out for the doctor which I'll do and a little card to tell people that I'm a carer with space to put the contact details of two Emergency carers should I be taken ill or anything. I don't have anyone to step into my shoes should I be in an emergency situation so I can't fill that section in.

There's also a section at the back of one of the books to fill out for social services which again asks for Emergency contacts.

I've been reading up on some of the help that they offer and I'm thinking of putting in for another Carer's assessment because I feel that a lot of the care I provide is "just slipping through the cracks" of the system. I mean there are so many things that they offer that could help us no end but no one seems to like telling us where to go to get this help. It's like we are just running round and round in the system. Surely, the individual agencies concerned could benefit a lot by working together to see that disabled people get everything that they need?
if ever they get organised and set-up on-line a easy to use,one-stop-shop for general advice,with local direct contacts,joined-up thinking,then we would save ourselves loads of time,stress etc.it would be such a great solusion.
Exactly, Maxi!!!

For years, I've been hearing "Put in for a Carers Assessment, put in for this, put in for that" then when it comes down to the boil, half the people who said it couldn't even tell me where to go to get the things they suggest.

Not only would we, as carers be less stressed, the time we would have spent trying to get access to something can be better spent caring or taking a little "Me" time.

For example, on the booklet they sent me that I need to fill in, they sent me a number to call but the form is 3 a4 sides long and it's not very plainly worded so I guess I'm going to be spending half my day on the phone tomorrow trying to straighten out how to fill it in.

That new Direct website was supposed to be making life easier but all I can find on there is the same stuff that's everywhere else...