[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Deprivation of Liberty? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Deprivation of Liberty?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Mods I apologise for going of subject a little but today I used my rights of liberty! QCQ were at Hubby's home today. Was asked if they could speak to me which I agreed to providing it was in private. Not in front of hubby, other residents or staff. I was truthful, and fair I hope. Not the overly grateful wifey I was the last time I spoke to them!
Good for Pet; it's important to speak out, if things are to improve.

Melly1
We had our nominated GP come out and assess him for mental capacity, this was in regards to another issue we had at the time. The GP said he clearly understood and knew what he wanted so was happy to confirm he had capacity. We also had an independent mental capacity advocate come out for the same issue who also agreed he had capacity.

I was speaking to someone who says that this is just a case of an over zealous SW, and these sorts of decisions about whether the key says in the door or not etc should never go before CoP as it's not a serious issue and something they should be ruling on.
Cheechee,

glad GP and assessor had some common sense.

Melly1
So if I have PoA I thought that I could make small judgement calls like this to keep hubby safe and looked after... have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Nightmare BB!

I think you're probably right Cheechee. I've got powers of attorney but I never thought of them in that sort of context before.

Good for you, Pet. I wish someone would ask me.
I don't want to hijack this thread but I'd just like to say that my partner is no longer being kept against his will. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise as he became seriously ill at the weekend and got treated much quicker than he would have been if he'd had to get an ambulance from home. He's much better now. You might also like to see my new topic "improved hospital".
Cheechee wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:50 pm
So if I have PoA I thought that I could make small judgement calls like this to keep hubby safe and looked after... have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Generally speaking, it should be about helping to make decisions in the best interest of the person concerned at such a time where they are not able to make it themselves.

I help them be healthy, happy, safe and enable them to have as independent for themselves as they possibly can, involving advocates where ever possible for the sake of impartiality. And where my input has been required have yet to be pulled up.