[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Depression and being a carer - Page 6 - Carers UK Forum

Depression and being a carer

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi there jenny
Thank you for that I wish I had seen that episode ! Why aren't we taken seriously or taken notice of, we who care? The number of people diagnosed with new forms of old illnesses, what's happening???? It's good to talk to others who are not only carers but also CARE thanks everyone. X x

Chickenlady49

You are coping with such a lot x x. Thanks for the tip on screaming-- I bet now you've put that in black and white you will hear a lot of screaming-----starting with me!!! X
Hello Corinne and anyone else who had depression before caring.

It is some time since you posted this and I wonder if you are feeling any better.

I have had severe depression for many years before I became a carer, is this the case with you?

I am afraid I have nothing encouraging to say, and that is why I have not visited this site for months. There is no help. I have all the help I can get (via the NHS and social services) but it is inadequate and negligible. The psychiatrist signed me off because he said all I needed was more help, not medication or counselling. Just more respite. Easier said!

Last July I had 2 social workers (one was replacing the other) visit me and the husband I care for. They admitted there wasn't much point in my completing a carers' assessment and nothing would happen if I completed another one! I spent a lot of the time they were here crying and saying I couldn't cope. They didn't say anything. They certainly didn't do anything.

I have recently discovered something called Case Management companies. These charge fees but do everything social services are meant to do and co-ordinate all aspects of care. If you have enough money or compensation for injury I think that it is worth it to have help. However, even they have trouble getting in touch with social services! I thought a professional contact may have more success but no, and we need social services to set up any direct payments which may be possible to have.

All I can do is keep on keeping on. I would love to hear from people in a similar state. I have researched into suicide but feel it is not what I should do, much as I would like to.
Depression is a constant feeling of sadness and loss of interest, which stops you doing your normal activities. Different types of depression exist, with symptoms ranging from relatively minor to severe. Generally, depression does not result from a single event, but from a mix of events and factors.
A person must have an exercise routine on daily basis. Further, he may join any nearby gym fitness center.
This is a very old thread (started in 2014!!) Therefore now locked.