[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What is the point? - Carers UK Forum

What is the point?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Received a letter from Job Centre Plus which is part of the benefits service telling me my already small amount of income supprt, a top-up to my carer's allowance is going to be reduced as my Carer's Allowance is increasing soon. Haven't been informed yet about the new increase in Carer's Allowance so can someone please tell me the new rate goinng to be.

Regarding a reduction in my small amount of income support seems am easy target, we are the most vunerable for the Goverment to penalise and easy means of clawing some money back in to their coffers.

Keith.
Benefits and tax credit rates for previous years and the 2008/9 year can be found here:

http://www.ifs.org.uk/ff/indexben.php
What usually happens is that for one week CA goes up and IS drops by the same amount, and then the following IS increases, so you should have an overall increase - albeit a very small one as usual.
Well they certainly know how to confuse people. Image
The benefits system has been confusing people for nearly 100 years. Let's hope the Centenary brings about positive change and less confusion. Time's almost up!
Rather than positive change and less confusion I suspect that we're living through the destruction of the welfare state Image .
SORRY YOUVE GOT IT WRONG DONT YOU MEAN THE WELL-UNFARESTATE