[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Define full time carer - Carers UK Forum

Define full time carer

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I was on another forum and I made the suggestion that carers Allowance should be increased and I got completely slated that because I said if the government can afford to waste money in wars they should be able to pay us carers. (A matter of principle)

Anyway I was just wondering what you guys define as full time carers. I spend 9 hours per week at uni and the rest of the time I am either with Sarah or not far from her if she needs me. Which means i spend a good 100 hours per week caring for her. that seems pretty full time to me!
Seems pretty full time to me, too, Alex!

As far as the government is concerned, 35 hours a week is enough, but more than a million carers provide over 50 hours and most carers I know underestimate the amount of care they give...
Well that is definitely full time carer in my book or you could say you are keeping 3 care workers out of full time employment Image Image
Just seen advert for full time care workers 36 hour week paid holidays pension fund you also get ongoing help and support + training what a ***** joke .
I work 30 hours a week in a school and also am a full time carer for my hubby. We live with his mom just a few minutes from my work. She's wonderful and helps when she can.