[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Deep depression Caring role new drugs offered by gp - Carers UK Forum

Deep depression Caring role new drugs offered by gp

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Well as l have not seen my gp for weeks due to me been ill with my chronic migraine and other problems such chronic sleep apneao. severe deep depression after also selling my home to pay of debts.

now a further problem due to my new landlord and lady who are getting seperated am living with my mum who due to to pension rule l cannot live with mum now find myself actually homeless. My furniture has been moved into the flat and was just about sigh my rent agreement pay deposits etc but was waiting for the new carpets to be laid thgis problem arose of the separation.

living from day to day we are that is my mum and me at loggerheads day in day out as l am fighting so many corners that red tape and complicated complainst procedures from all areas of mums and my life.

YOU HAVE TO BE LAWYER,DOCTOR SOCIAL WORKER MESSENGER TALKER RUNT SCALLYWAG AND TAKE BULLYING AND ABUSE ALL FOR WHAT.

We all know that actually deep down you do love another but from a mental point of you are in each others worlds and a AS THEY SAY JUST THERE TO TAKE THE ABUSE OR WHATEVER.

My gp ask when l walk in how l am and asks straight away what medication l need if any.

He is completly different from the previous gp who was more inclined about more socially and approached his treatment differently he was sort of OLD SCHOOL DOCTOR not just give you drugs to get rid of you.

Severe depression in this caring role and my own difficulties is pushing me further to hate this mere existence and even seeing a clinical psyhcologist (i waited for the appointment) for over a year will see him again on the 27 to carry on with his assement not sure what good it will do as i am telling him how it is since l started caring 15 years ago after mums hit and run near fatal car accident.

THE CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST HAS SAID THAT CARERS AND DISABLED PEOPLE ARE GROWING IN NUMBERS BY THE MINUTE AND WE ARE BEEN LET DOWN BY THE SYSTEM
DUE TO THE MORE PEOPLE LIVING LONGER AND NOT ENOUGH INVESTMENT IS BEEN PUT IN FUNDING THE NEEDS WHCIH ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MET.

The comment the NHS IS SUPPOSED TO STAND FOR FROM THE CRADLE TO THE GRAVE WAS ALSO TOLD TO ME NOT JUST BY HIM BUT OTHER PEOPLE IN THE KNOW AS WELL.
Will we ever ever see any change and l do agree of this topic SHORT CHANGE IS A SMKES SCREEN OR THIS COMMENT TOTAL REVIEW ETC MEANS NOTHING JUST ANOTHER BUNCH OF IDIOTS SITTING AT THEIR DESKS WAISTING TAX PAYERS MONEY OR SUPPOSEDLY THERE TO HELP CARERS.

WHY WHY ALL THIS BLOODY NONSENSE DO WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH.
kenneth2dundee
Just very angry and very livid at what we all are gowing through daily. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Hi
When I read on here about carers saying how hard done by they are I sometimes think to myself what we as a family have been though.
We have lost 2 children my wife and I have both lost our parent's at a fairly young age my wife was in a coma we have lost brothers my wife as lost limb's ie amputations I have been told in the last 2 years they cant operate on me anymore so when the part stops working I pack up too but I try not to be negative i sometimes think if we think poor me we start to feel sorry for ourselves and we forget that we are caring for someone far worse off than ourselves.
I always think to my self there are Lot's of people far worse off than me at the moment I am still living and will stay that way as long as I can but I know that when people put post's on here they are doing it from the heart so please dont take offence what i say personally as it is not meant that way it's just the way I feel about life ie there's always someone worse off than us..
John
Kenneth - sorry to hear of what a turmoil you're going through. I hope to offer you some helpful solutions.

First off - are you having your sleep apneao seen to? Have you asked your GP to be referred to a sleep clinic? You really need to deal with this as not having enough sleep affects your whole day (which I'm sure you know all to well)! When I haven't had enough sleep I take a Vitamin B complex (from health shops, chemists - reasonably cheap); you'll be amazed at the difference - it stops you feeling irritable and gives you energy. (If you have a yeast condition e.g. athlete's foot or candida get a yeast free Vitamin B complex).

I understand you're waiting to see a clinical psychologist - is this for your depression? Do you know about CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)? It's especially for ingrained depression and helps change the way you think of things. You can get it free via your GP (there may be a waiting list).

You mention "abuse" a few times. Are you unable to stand up for yourself? You can refuse to be a victim - even if you're being yelled at etc., you don't have to "buy" into feeling victimised; you can only feel persecuted if you allow yourself to be. This might be hard for you to take in/understand but I speak from experience.

Do you have an outlet for your anger? Although it's socially unacceptable, when I'm alone I find letting out a huge scream really lightens me!! Finding the right song (to reflect how you feel) and singing it can be great too or walking briskly, running.....

Lastly I've been clinically depressed (found it hard literally to put one foot in fron of the other, i.e. to walk) and also, at another time, homeless for 6 months. So I empathise and hope you find you're stronger than you think and that you can manage to find moments in each day to relax with something you enjoy. Take it easy - stress isn't the situation but how you react to it. I've changed my mindset to be much more positive - have stopped giving myself a hard time. If nothing else, learn to laugh at yourself. We're alive for a fairly short time after all....