[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Has anyone noticed the impact on our carees re...... - Carers UK Forum

Has anyone noticed the impact on our carees re......

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
our lack of income?
Isnt this a topic that should be discussed more?
Our carees want us to care for them, we want to do this , so we do. But, we struggle so much financially that it must be a cause for concern to our carees of sound mind.
Their money is their own, for their needs , not ours.
We get nothing because we choose to care.
Foster carers and adult placement schemes choose to care, they get money hand over fist thrown at them. Why are we excluded from the same rights as them? For doing what they do.
Has anyone anywhere thought about our carees feelings about this?
How many of our carees are just so glad they can stay at home with their family and dont ever ask for anything because they know we cant afford to do what those who are in family placement schemes and foster carers can afford to do.
Why should our carees have to subsidise some of us out of their dla etc payments because they dont want strangers caring for them?
Why cant we get the same financial entitlement as other 'legal carers'?
after all, we have to be 'working' at least 35 hours a week to be entitled to CA.
The biggest rise now in the job market is for people to enter the 'caring' profession.
We family carers are already doing this job, why cant we have the same equality rights as paid care workers, we are classed as working for CA?
Getting back to the subject of our carees, why cant they benefit from the same entitlements as being in an adult placement /foster care scheme just because they are being cared for by a family member?
Of their choice.
Its time to end this discrimination now and give equal rights to carers regardless of whether they are family carers or paid care workers . We are paid care workers because we 'work' at least 35 hours a week to claim CA.
Those of us who cant get CA because of the overlapping rule should be made a priority yesterday.
I met a lady and her husband in a shop, they were adult placement carers of a young adult with downs syndrome. They took pride in telling me just how much they they were entitled to financially. They dont work, they dont need to. Holidays abroad paid for twice/ three times a year, because they needed a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
all the latest electronic equipment provided free of charge, etc etc.
If we were to put our carees into an adult placement scheme (the same as we are already providing anyway) , we would be left with nothing and the strangers would get evrything they asked for.
Who ?
ever asks what our carees wishes are over who cares for them , and respects them?
If they wish to be cared for by us, they have the right to be, and we should have the right to be financialy equal to paid care workers, foster carers, and adult placement schemes.
Rant over,
best wishes
x
YES TO ALL YOU HAVE SAID MARIE DO WE HAVE BECOME RADICAL AND DO SOMETHING ILLEGAL IN PERSUIT OF A FAIR AND JUST INCOME FOR FULLTIME UNPAID GOVERNMENT SKIVVIE CARERS.

I HAVE MENTIONED THIS BEFORE AND RANTED DOWN BUT THE IRA TOOK THE LAW INTO THIR OWN HANDS AND WON THE BATTLE THEY ARE NOW IN POWER AND HAVE ACHIEVED ALL THEY WANTED TO ACHIEVE.

THE EXTRACT OF A LETTER FROM JAMES PARNELL TO MING CAMPBELL MY MP STATES.

we recognise the valuable contribution made by carers and as you may be aware have outlined our vision for their future support in our recent review of the NATION STRATEGY FOR CARERS. The review involved a major consultation with over 33000 views obtained from over 4000 people including carer voluntary organisations,employers,professionals and members of the public.

THE NXT LINE READS the continuing work long term benefit reform must ake account of the particular needs of carers i will try and put a copy fo this letter i rec from james parnell on the forum.

This letter is full of false hopes and promises and is based on the next 10 years we have heard the same story ten years ago.

patronizing to say the least.

kenneth2dundeenow fife
Well said Mairie.

Adult placement scheme has been suggested to us for respite for our elder son, with Downs and Diabetes. No way. Why should someone else be able to do exactly the same as I do, for our son, and be able to get a couple of hundred pounds a week. I feel angry even at the idea of it. My son is part of a loving caring family. If the Government is prepared to pay someone else four times as much as they are prepared to pay me, to look after my son, then they obviously recognise that the needs are there.I do not want to be rich, I do not want foreign holidays;what I do want, is some sort of life without financial stress all the time.
laisy daisy.....CHOICE........what does your son and you want, it's ok if people want to access but now there hopefully is a flexability approach eg.. direct payments, adult placement, holiday houses and respite houses to name a few don't let them put you in a box ask social services what else is available. My daughter would not go anywhere she had 1 night in her aunties caravan and was so so stressed and that was with a support worker who she and we know and trust, now she has direct payments and is employing her auntie 1 weekend a month, not done it as yet!!!! fingers crossed, everyone has to feel happy to relax, and enjoy your time away knowing your sons in safe hands and enjoying himself. Image Image Image Image ooohhhh dont get me started on the pay thing Image Image , i work part time so get rock all....infact her p/a gets more an hour than what i do n it pigs me off yep thery're not disturbed in the night either Image take care............mand
i have been full time carer since 1997 for both parents, since 2006 just the old doll i`ve been asking every single person who would listen for extra cash since 1997 we will never ever get the reward that we deserve sad thing is when we carers are in need of care because of what many of us have given up we will have no one to care for us ( not that i would allow anyone to look after me) we will end up in care / rest homes and with a bit of luck if we still have the fighting spirit no one will walk over us-god help the care home that has to look after me Image
I agree with you Daisy.
I was thinking that it might not be long before all the people who loose their benefits by not being able to get jobs, will soon cotton on to this adult placement sceme.
I just hope that the carees in this scheme will have the same full human rights protection as they have just recently won when in care homes.
Does anyone here who has a caree in adult placement schemes know if their caree has the same full human rights protection they would have if in a full time care home?
x
Unless this ever gets to a court, Mairie, I doubt we'll be able to give a firm answer, but as the Adult Placement Scheme employs people to provide the service, and the Scheme is operated by the local authority, it's hard to see how anyone could wheedle out of any duty under the Human Rights Act.
THE IRA TOOK THE LAW INTO THIR OWN HANDS AND WON THE BATTLE THEY ARE NOW IN POWER AND HAVE ACHIEVED ALL THEY WANTED TO ACHIEVE.
Thats not my understanding of the Troubles, Kenneth!
The IRA used violence for twenty or thirty years and got nowhere except in jail or six feet underground.
Eventually they got fed up of being in jail and having no success, so they gave up their weapons and tried the ballot box, and now they are part of a power-sharing executive as a reward for going legitimate .... well that's my take on events.

As for carers using illegal tactics, I am not sure that I am the right man to comment, though I am now a wholly reformed character. Let he who is without sin throw the first alligator. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
certainly seems like it's time for some direct action!
We were involved in some of the Disability Rights demos and campaigns - without which disabled people would still not have any protection from discrimination at all.
Time for carers to fight the fight methinks!
Boggle AKA The Mother
The pen is mighty than the sword.

Both world wars and all major conflicts are finally finish with the signing of document's.
So count me out of any action that involves breaking the law or Violence.
Talking about action might sound like fighting talk but it gets you no where.
I haven't got the answer to our plight but as you know us pensioners don't get CA anyway.
But we still have to care and as you get older your health is deteriating by the year but we have to carry on when hope as gone.
John.