[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
another indignity. - Carers UK Forum

another indignity.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Imagemy caree and i went to the opticians,asda,as it happens,for her eye test,this time,she had never attended there before.physically,my caree has mobility issues,mentally,she is razor-sharp.but the optician talked about her,while my caree was right beside me.gross indignity. after that,eyetest done,we went,prescription in hand to specsavers,note,other opticians are available too,great welcome,addressed my caree giving her full-on attention as the customer.she got nice new specs.job done.a bit of dignity is all we ask.
What were you doing there Maxi? I usually drop my caree off at the opticians and go shopping .. that solves the problem.
I had to go to specsavers the other day and you will never guess who i bumped into===

evry- one my specs are useless .
I really don't like Specsavers - when I bought my glasses out of there they put the left lens and the right lens the wrong way round and tried to convince me there was nothing wrong and I would get used to them!!

I like to give my business to Angus, my local optometrist, who is also extremely good with Robert. What other optician would allow you to take six or seven frames home with you so that you can decide which one you like enough to buy? I think you get far better service from the ones who are not the "big boys", so to speak.

Eun
George - BUMPETY BUMP! LOL
I had to go to specsavers the other day and you will never guess who i bumped into===

evry- one my specs are useless .
I went to Specsavers on Wednesday and told them my new Glasses weren't any good for long distance the optician took me outside and said look up there what can you see i said the Sun he then said how far do you want to see.

I always find Specsaver's good have no trouble with them only this week they sent Pat up to the hospital about a bleed behind her eye so i find them very efficient.

But on a serious note about this thread often when we are out people talk to me about Pat and there's Pat sitting in the wheelchair now Pat wont stand for it please or offend Pat will say i am here i might be in a wheelchair but i can still speak for myself they either say sorry or just get embarrassed and go.

John
When STAN was in wheelchair he was lucky as most people knew him even when he was confused with his alzheimers they always had a chat with him i remember on one visit to M & S the staff would keep an eye on STAN as the old doll and myself done the shopping i used to park him by the lifts near the big mirrors when we came back STAN was talking to one of the "girls" and we heard him say" he parks me in front or the mirror just so i can talk to some one sensible "
Never found any probs with SpecSavers. But if anyone tries to talk to ME instead of hubby, I just say, 'You'd better talk to my husband about that', doesn't matter what it is or where we are. I then walk away and pretend to look at something else in the shop, whilst keeping an eye and earshot for what's going on with that shop assistant. NEVER FAILS. or I say ' you'd better talk to my husband about that, I don't understand technical (or whatever) things'. That NEVER FAILS EITHER.